Hardware Behringer Model D - MiniMoog clone

I quote fancy being locked in a cave with just a korg workstation for company. No computer. No usb

I quote fancy being locked in a cave with just a korg workstation for company. No computer. No usb

It can be arranged. What sort of cave do you want? cheap and dank or fancy and executive?

Nope, nope, nope...
I got the eurorack thing out of my system with a 0-coast that drove me up the wall and was never in tune with anything. Good for bleepybloopy, not much use for anything else.
Furry muff. Horses for courses I guess. I have a smaller system which I am getting some great sounds out of. Is totally stable enough and incredibly versatile. It is dangerously addictive and in that not cheap though. But anyway you did ask what was being lusted after. There it is. As you were.

I imagine a modular system plus ableton live is a pretty good marriage. You can stretch and quantise the audio to make sense out of the bleeps and blops.

Furry muff. Horses for courses I guess. I have a smaller system which I am getting some great sounds out of. Is totally stable enough and incredibly versatile. It is dangerously addictive and in that not cheap though. But anyway you did ask what was being lusted after. There it is. As you were.

Yeah I did ask - and I was about to blow a big hole in the credit card with a eurorack and only caught myself at the last moment. I'm still dithering but I worry that it will be the final rabbit hole my music disappears down if I went there....

I’ve got a korg ms20 plug in. That semi modular. That’s good enough for me.

personally i think eat statics current sound is perfect for modular. Have you seen their bells n whistles live modular gig on youtube? its ace.
The latest album has some excellent bits in it. Some tracks dont quite end up as i would have liked, but thats cos im picky. Its still much better than the psytrance stuff merv does. IMO

modular has been taken beyond by certain people, eg datach'i has an album called 'monarchs' which is totally modular and pretty crazy. But then again im not expecting too many people to get on board with it round these parts

bells n whistles:

datach'i monarchs (the whole album is up as vids on utube) :

etc:

Last edited:
Can’t see much on that eat static vid.

I’m just so non plussed by modular hardware synths. But then again I’m not a real technical guy. I’ve always had more of a vague, woolly round the edges brain than an analytical, matrix brain.

no idea. I only got my first smartphone last month. I still cant answer calls on it. I fucking hate it.

apprently is not even a smartphone, its a blackberry.

Back