Software Take a Step - i dare to share my latest VST

dukes

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks!

I sure learned a lot during the years of roaming through the forum,but i never thought that some real results would come out of my newfound love for synth. But hey.. University gave me a little push and now i want to share the results so far. Its a 4 Step Virtual Analog Synthesizer written with SynthEdit. You can download the VST when you click on the picture or the link. Its still buggy (especially the Pan Pot, which seems to center in the 9 o'clock position). If you give it a try i would love to hear some feedback so I can keep on improving .

Hear a little preview (no effects added)

Greetings from Vienna!
Andi

P.S.: Warning: I can can't garantee that it won't crash or cause damage to your computer.

Link: take-a-step.dll

Last edited:
I would suggest just removing that spirally graphic. The four sections work well. Perhaps put those central controls into a frame (light grey) as well.

Will give a shot as soon as I can. I would say the interface needs cleaning up, there's far too much going on. I would recommend rid of the background patterns in favor of something quieter. Also clearer parameter labels. It's really difficult to work out what's a control and what isn't, especially the middle section! I do like what I heard however.

I understand what both of you mean. The background pattern is quick fix and i will try to make the labels clearer. The problem with cleaning up is that i really would like to have all parameters of the 4 synths at one glance. So i had to make the controls fairly small in order to stuff everything into a reasonably sized GUI.

sounds cool! i like the seperate envelopes for each osc, whats the mod wheels in the middle for?

The middle upper section controls the steps between the synths: adsr, LFO (beat synchronized or free, with an dial to alternate freely btw) and echo (only works on the output of the stepper).

Generally you can use the VST as an 4 Osc - Virtual Analog (2 LFOs per Osc) or you can send each output of a module to the stepper section (Mst - module to master output / Snd - module to Stepper) which toggles btw the 4 synths according to the middle parameters.

Back