Interesting articles about music and musicians.

Further to the above, I read this a while back and found it again after a bit of searching just now (couldn't remember the publisher or title), because obviously it's highly relevant. Quote:

"Documenting the group’s last show before the coronavirus hit, the pay-what-you-want release generated $4,200 from nearly 700 buyers in just two days. That’s more than 75 Dollar Bill have made through streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube over the last six years. “Streaming is a joke,” Chen tells me. “We might make $100 a year from streaming. On a recent statement of mine, the royalties for one track that had 580 plays on Spotify was zero dollars and 20 cents.”

Happiness is the first Album I bought...still got it mint condition on vinyl.

I am not a gamer, but had heard of Noone and thought this article was pretty cool. Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but perhaps some of you geeky types might appreciate?

• Cake!
Reactions: Sil
Ooof, I have some catching up to do! Nice one, people.

I read this article earlier in the week and mentally bookmarked it for sharing. It's worth checking out the Soundcloud page - so eerie!

Only just spotted this thread. ...some good shares!
Re: Spotify - I know several people that really appreciate the income they get from it.
In fact, when I interviewed ProleteR for one of our radio shows, he made a pretty big point of it having supported him through this year, whilst he was between releases and legally battled over some sample clearance...
(He wasn't the only one, just perhaps one of the bigger ones)

Nice article, thanks for that. The Holly Herndon piece mentioned made me burst into tears.

whose this lee gamble that renyolds leans on throughout the piece? I think ive heard the name before, but cant quite grasp it. AND conceptronica, i hope i never have to use that neogism out loud within ear-shot of anyone with a pulse.

Bez, may i ask - were they tears of joy or frustration?

Bez, may i ask - were they tears of joy or frustration?

Tears from feeling moved by an emotional piece of music. That whole album of hers is quite beautiful - something about the way she blends voice and electronics.

Tears from feeling moved by an emotional piece of music. That whole album of hers is quite beautiful - something about the way she blends voice and electronics.

oh i see, i thought you meant the article made you cry. My mistake

Back