Software Reason+

Deleted member 735

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Reaction score
Anyone using Reason+ ?

I used to really enjoy using Reason, so considering moving back to it.
(Ableton is mint...lets face it. But paying that price for "studio" ...for only 1-2 studio features I actually use, is bugging me .... Its a bit like buying a keg of beer to poor yourself a half pint)

Sorry...I was just being a smartarse. Over on KVR, "have you tried reaper" usually pops up as an ironic comment on all DAW threads because of Reaper fanbois.

Erm.....I have literally no views on Reason TBH, never used. That said, my understanding is that Reason is no longer a closed platform and either a) supports VSTs now or b) have many third parties writing plugin content that is compatible with newer versions of reason ( con't remember which). I'm pretty sure that people got excited about that over at KVR when it happened. if the Reason workflow works then just give it a go.

Looking at the site, seems like it's a subscription affair so you can always cancel if you don't like or try Cakewalk Bandlab which is free: https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk?lang=en

Sorry...I was just being a smartarse. Over on KVR, "have you tried reaper" usually pops up as an ironic comment on all DAW threads because of Reaper fanbois.

Erm.....I have literally no views on Reason TBH, never used. That said, my understanding is that Reason is no longer a closed platform and either a) supports VSTs now or b) have many third parties writing plugin content that is compatible with newer versions of reason ( con't remember which). I'm pretty sure that people got excited about that over at KVR when it happened. if the Reason workflow works then just give it a go.

Looking at the site, seems like it's a subscription affair so you can always cancel if you don't like or try Cakewalk Bandlab which is free: https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk?lang=en

Thanks. About a third of the first album was written on Cakewalk... early version, forget which.
It was good at the time, so may look in to it again.
(Shame my production wasn't as good back then. I literally can't listen to half the stuff I wrote back then)

Reason is immersive and fun. You can use external plug ins now too?

Controllers work well with it in my experience

Back