Banned
Reaction score
http://www.ishwara-vision.net/loops

enjoy :irazz:

640 x 480, cinepack, seamless, 30fps, packs of 10

stuff like this:
ish8.gif

Backdrops also available - see www.ishwara-vision.net

Dont mean to sound stupid how do you actually make a VJ show. Would you use loops or would you need a program which generates the fractals? I have tried using a program but is seems more video orientated rather than creating visuals

either use a dedicated app to produce fractals and put that out as a second monitor - dont ask me what as by the time you have read this fully you will understand

OR

use the loops in something like resolume (PC) modul8 (MAC) for projection purposes - the reason that loops generally get called loops is because that is what they do - loop

clips on the other hand might loop but i would be expecting a clip to play from end-to-end

a word of advice though - fractals and 3d visualisers may *look* good but after 8hrs of the same old same old dont you think it is the visual equivalent of a dj playing the same tune with some very subtle remixes for 8hrs?

and in the same vein todays *psychedelic realtime visualisers* are tomorrows winamp plug-ins - there is nothing clever about a winamp plug-in on a big screen

a word of advice though - fractals and 3d visualisers may *look* good but after 8hrs of the same old same old dont you think it is the visual equivalent of a dj playing the same tune with some very subtle remixes for 8hrs?

and in the same vein todays *psychedelic realtime visualisers* are tomorrows winamp plug-ins - there is nothing clever about a winamp plug-in on a big screen

Yeah but 8 hrs of winamp visuals used to perform some sort of frequency space modification of a decent VJ set would be damned fat :Wink3: hehehe

can you make a free frame plug-in that could do that?

resolume 2.3 has audio meaning you might not have the hassle of getting win-amp to work within the app

dunno ... dsepends how it works. If you can intercept an entire frame and force it through a shader it would be possible to fourier transform it on GPU and then you can perform a whole load of frequency spce operations before inverse fouriering it ... This would be quick. If you'd be forced to use the CPU to do it would not be very quick :Sad:

so, on a thread for vjs, can anybody recommend a decent programme for creating and running visuals for a mac o.s..? any advice would be much appreciated.

try www.vjforums.com

best place to look and get feedback from people out there doing it

i use video loops and clips that are mainly *content* i.e. stuff that we have filmed or sampled and dont rely on 3d generated imagery

modul8 is good for that on the mac - another would be motion dive tojyo but i have seen a lot of criticism of that app recently

try www.vjforums.com

best place to look and get feedback from people out there doing it

i use video loops and clips that are mainly *content* i.e. stuff that we have filmed or sampled and dont rely on 3d generated imagery

modul8 is good for that on the mac - another would be motion dive tojyo but i have seen a lot of criticism of that app recently

cheers dave...
suppose youre the man with the knowledge round here from what ive seen at parties youve done...

dunno why, but after the first 7 folders they dont seem to download properly... maybe its just my connection but the first lot downloaded fine.

no - in the same stagnant pond though - i *think* it is called ophosis - its an app developed by the guy who released the electric sheep dvd - and i dont think it is available to buy or download

Back