1200 Micrograms: Live In Brazil CD

Chris Organic

Mongolian FishSlap dancer
Reaction score
Well this is a bit of a surprise, for some of you and for me as well. Chris Organic writes a review. Well, some of you may not know but I used to write reviews wayyyy back in Dream Creation... ah what pleasant days they were when the postman would try and force a 12" through my letter box and be surprised when it snapped in two. No, really.

Well, Dream Creation went on its merry way, to be replaced by plenty of other formats for creative people with more than a slight knack for reviewing music. But dammit thinks I when I stumble across something that is genuinely good and different, I'm going to have my say on it before anyone else this time!

So here we go: Chris Organic reviews 1200 Mics "Live In Brazil" (Tip World TIPWCD43) (release date unknown)

I must admit I picked this up, in its promo form, not really knowing what to expect. There's 18 trax on the tracklist, so I thought it must be a double CD and all I was getting was samples of each track, all about 4 minutes long. That's what it looked like on paper. I might easily have just discarded it like so many other "sample" promos (geesh, really, what is the point of sending DJs or label managers samples?) but luckily I didnt, I slipped it into me CDJ and was failry blown away to discover that they've actually squeezed 18 tracks onto 1 CD!

And done so in a really classy way I might add. There are plenty of tracks which are presented in their full or slightly condensed form, or even trimmed down to ther essential core. Don't ask me how, but somehow it just works. They must have put a lot of thought into this set wherever in Brazil it was recorded, that's the feeling you get. Some tracks are only 1 minute and a half, so again you think, ahh yes, that will be an interlude, but no, its a mini stomp of a well known 1200 Mics classic, before the real interlude or change in mood for a different stomp session.

There are a lot of the classics on here like Ecstacy, LSD and so on, along side others I personally dont know so well but sound great like Renaisance Superman and The Creation, a gorgeous stomp of a romp of a track that really got me jumping around.

All in all a top class album that covers a lot of ground. Well worth looking into.

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Reaction score
I used to slag 1200 mics until I saw them live for the first time last month. They were definetly a bit cheesy, but it was just so much fun. Perfect for when the suns coming up, everyone's dancing and smiling, and just having a great time. It's party music, and I wish I hadn't been so snobby about them!

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
jibberer said:
I used to slag 1200 mics until I saw them live for the first time last month. They were definetly a bit cheesy, but it was just so much fun. Perfect for when the suns coming up, everyone's dancing and smiling, and just having a great time. It's party music, and I wish I hadn't been so snobby about them!

Music to dance & have a good laugh to..?! whatever next...??!!

:Wink3: