137 Bpm progressive twisted psy

what do you mean by small stereo field? i really think is ok on that.

Dunno, can you explain it better please.... and the synths have chorus....

a big stereo field has parts of the music panned to differnt locations.

i.e kick and bass in the middle
hats panned left and right a little bit
synths panned even more than the hats

a small stereo field has all the noises panned centrally,

quote from http://www.bownie.com/guide/glossary/bdc-RG-glossary-S.shtml

Stereo Field, The
If you've got two speakers then by using panning you can make a sound move from one speaker to another. The distance you interpret the sound to move from absolute left to absolute right in the speakers is the stereo field. By using even quite simple techniques you can fool the brain into thinking the stereo field is bigger than the gap between the speakers. Remember though that this is an interpretive effect only - all of the truth of these effects lies in not only the equipment used to make the recording but also the equipment used to play it back on and positioning of the listener and speakers.

can somebody else listen and tell me if they think the stereo field is small, or is in your face the sound??

I appreciate the comment but i dont think it is whats happening with this track...

urk... its an uncompressed 70MB wav file ! thats going to be enough to put most people off downloading it! Mp3 it and I'll have a listen :Smile3:

Whilst it's interesting, I don't know if I'd call it progressive as such. Twisted on the other hand does kind of fit well. Maybe a bit too much going on in parts of it, seems really dense if you know what I mean?

Only heard your old WMA vers - Downloading new vers though to check for changes -
The bass seems a bit similar to the track "creator" you did, only softer ... "creator" has more "in you face sound"

I have to agree with yelow brick road--- If you hear "creator" after (or before...-you decide)
"journey to the unknown" you will hear a vast difference in the stereo field ...
check with winamp - play about 30 secs - jump to the middle of the song ... change to other Trck
.... Play about 30 secs - jump to middle of song...

I usually do this to check overall consisteny --- Though not slave to it - (consistancy)
it's a good helper so see what may be lacking (tweakwise or compositionally) in a track....

spectrally (frequency wise) you have some stuff going for you - but don't strive for linearity it makes it a little flat... Personally i have to say - creator was better .

But still left me in want - for some melodic variation and not just rythmic.

First of all thank you everyone for the comments

electro you are right about the variations, but i must say i'm not a good piano player, but rithym wise i can handle it...

the difference between this song and creator is that in the master i made that the dual panner of cubase was in the centre, and dont now it gives me another perception, can anyone comment on this? is it well or i shouldnt? im following my ears on this one, so if someone could help me...

Grokit
i love very dense songs, loads of details, each time you listen to it you hear another thing, kinda way. Absolum in some songs.... but appreciate the comment

How by the way yesterday a mate left a pair of samson resolv80, so im going to listen to the tracks and compare it as soon as possible. but please still comment on that aspect of the panner please

Can't say

... I use wavelab to master ... gives MUCH better control of plugin use ...
also much better for incrimental mastering touches...
AND You can change the order of plugins just by moving them...
No worrying about panning the stereo field...

but take heart Mastering IS HARD - not easily learned and takes long to master...
(no pun intended) ... Also demands much of the ears and how you listen...
(not as a musician but distance yourself from your song more engineering wise... )
... Personally I used to do LOTS of spectral training and often listen to "golden ears" CD's ... our ears get better all the time ... not by themselves, but by focused listening - Just keep at it ...

All I can say that will help - is look for the "mastering" thread -
which says more than i can without writing a book.

castrodp said:
the difference between this song and creator is that in this new one in the master i made that the dual panner of cubase was in the centre, and dont now it gives me another perception, can anyone comment on this? is it well or i shouldnt? im following my ears on this one, so if someone could help me...
#
what about this, i have read the threads but in this situation how do you leave your master???

Well personally i use Logic and ProTools ... YEARS since i installed cubase...

BUT I can only honestly say --- If you're talking about the final mix... i'm not sure what you mean when you say "where do i leave my master"

Mixing it all in Logic or PT - panning goes all over the show... so I don't fiddle with the panning of the BOUNCE (rendered file) AT ALL !!!! - That's supposed to be done in the mix... In the mastering process - depending on the tune . I only employ a series of soft conpression for starters - some eq'ing involved when finding and killing overly dominant resonances - again depending much on the track ... Sometimes I find a Simple Limiter or maximizer fits the bill afterwards for - listeners - like Psyforum .

If i'm more serious i go for soft multiband compression - DC correction (usually MINOR) - Phase correction - and resonant frequency reduction. ... NEVER fiddle with Panning under mastering though...

If this doesn't aid you in any way - Maybe you should ask for some Pure cubase help in the Music (artist/tunes) section ...

cubase experts help

yah thankx i now that but you are not visualising the problem, you use logic, i'll explain anyway.

The panners of any channel in cubase has 3 diferent types of panning, the normal, the dual panner and the stereo combined panner, i also now what they do, but .....

my question for cubase users is which is the best way to have the master out, dual panner in the centre or what? i dont now why but it gives me a good perception.

This version is mono......
now that i've plugged my new monitors i can feel the difference... i'll leave a stereo version with some edits as soon as i can.....
Yellowbrick you were right...

dont' mess with the stereo out of the master fader is the mix!!! leave it completely were it is!

i don't know the whole science behind the different panner modes, but the only reason to mess with the master panner is if you want to check the mix in mono for phase problems, as soon as its checked, move the panner back to its original mode and its original place.

Otherwise when you take your mix to a different place it will sound very... very .... differnent!!

i'm a cubase user and i leave the master fader alone, well sort off :Wink3:

pete

Back