3 mr faster tunes (eeek!)

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
Reaction score
ello :Grin:
i saw the mp3 unsigned site that ferguts used (nice tunes :Smile3: )
and thought it was about time i bunged up a couple of tunes that ive been tinkering with

here are 3 nice, but very unfinished ideas that i came up with about 6 months ago, a good start but in need of refinement, some new layers (missing some noises, percussion etc...) and in need of a good tweaking!!! the style is kinda psy, kinda techno, kinda strange, trippy, a little different, i dunno really!!! but good fun nevertheless, however, not really for the dancefloor, more listening trance...i dont play them out :Smile3: am looking forward to getting my programs up and running again (cause they're all completely fooked) so i can finish them off properly and add some cool bits and also make some more psytance-esk music. these are all first edits, so are a little long and drawn out in places but plod along nicely....
not completely what i would write now tho given the chance

made using just reason 2.5, low mp3 quality tho

some feedback would be useful, just write what you think of them

enjoy

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showband.asp?id=6757

hugoblin

From Parts Unknown
Reaction score
ahahahahaha !!

i did actually listen to them yeterday, how rude of me not to reply, soz jon :blink:

the synth sounds in squiggle are tweektastic :Smile3: more percussion variation maybeeeee??

the night before, flows nicely nice , synths are a-ok, not sure what is missing??? maybe some breaky bits with rev kicks/snares?????

bitcoder - i like the computer game style 8-bit gamboy esque sounds, more of them !!! with delays and stuff

bleep blap

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
Reaction score
hurrah :Smile3:
what you have mentioned is part of what i am planning to do when i get reason up and running again, it sucks having ideas and no way of visualising and tweaking them at the moment, am also gonna throw them into logic and do some work with crispy to them, a bit of compression and some wave lab magic should do the trick!
percusssion on all tunes does need some trick bits adding and a few more hits and variations within sections, but this is usually something i go back to and add after getting the general feel of a track down

bitcoder needs to be shorter, with all the action squished up and flowing faster, i like the sounds in that one and think it has some nice moments and has potential, much more percussive elements needed tho!

thankyou for having a listen! worried me a bit when no one had replyed, was shitting it when i put them up!!! eeeek!!!

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
Just listening to squiggle and theres a fab tweaky noise on there :Smile3: The groundworks done but you need to fill the tune with more squeaks and silly noises, build a bit of tension with some fills and incidental bits&bobs. But the 'engine' is all there...
Bitcoder has got a good trippy feel to it, sorta clunky groove and silly noises.
You're definitely onto something here. Hope you get your software working again and post more soon...