ººº What Happend to the PSY ARTIST? ººº

VEDA

Magnética - Polux - DarkOhm
dogcow said:
veda does sound a lot like a troll though. i still can't figure out why this thread got so many replies. is it because he/she speaks such bad english and everyone wants to show it makes no difference on this board, because it's what you say that counts? and really, if that's the case here, you're being counterproductive because what veda is saying is inane.

Well mate i open this thread just to share information, not to makes you upset :rolleyes: isn't obligatory to reply this thread, maybe you got reason about my english i'm from latin american (Venezuela)

I also open this it's bcuase the psy artists quit producing on vinyls mosts of the psy dj's mix with cds i'm not aint about it.

until 2004 there still psy on vinyls i have a lot of them, now there some psy vinyls on the shops but it's not my style of genre.

Also i'm not agree with an artist spends a lot of time making tracks "you should know how the artist have to work reaaly hard making a track that take a lot of time making the patterns,creating sounds, mastering,etc

Then some dj go to soulseek burn those track then earn money by the artist work, and the artist don't earn this is just for you?

With a vinyl you got an original track and the artist could earn money with this

I know that are djs that buy original cds and i respect that

I really can't understand why are you upset? i just making a worth to the psy artist not fighting :rolleyes:

It's just share information and showing the worth about the artist

VEDA

soliptic

whirling mathematician
VEDA said:

Also i'm not agree with an artist spends a lot of time making tracks "you should know how the artist have to work reaaly hard making a track that take a lot of time making the patterns,creating sounds, mastering,etc

Then some dj go to soulseek burn those track then earn money by the artist work, and the artist don't earn this is just for you?

With a vinyl you got an original track and the artist could earn money with this

look, i already pointed out that mp3s of vinyl-only releases make it onto soulseek the day they're released (or even before), so please stop using this stupid strawman argument.

piracy and soulseek have NOTHING - i repeat NOTHING whatsoever - to do with vinyl vs cd. NOTHING? get it yet?

harping on about slsk as if its remotely relevant to your pro-vinyl campaign just makes you look a bit silly.

nik

stop it. we all know that vinyl went out cause hippies cant be bothered to lug them all the way to goa

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
I don't know why your giving VEDA a hard time. It seems like a reasonable thing to discuss to me. I think she was realy just bemoaning the lack of vinyl available to her as that is her choice of medium to play. To slag off someones English is pretty poor as well. At least she made an effort to learn your language.

dogcow

SMOKER
veda, disagreeing with you doesn't mean a person is angry automatically. it means they disagree with you. given this thread, that much should have been obvious.

jiberrer, slaging her english off would have been poor indeed but that's not what i was actually doing. do notice the context.

i can't even begin to understand how piracy/mp3 got into a vinyl vs cd thread. maybe we could also tie in the hardware vs software into it just to keep everyone on their toes.

AEON

dipthong mong
I also open this it's bcuase the psy artists quit producing on vinyls mosts of the psy dj's mix with cds i'm not aint about it.

i must just point out that it's more to do with labels - in terms of production & distribution costs - than the artist. :Smile3:

CosmoNaughty

KANYINI
I think all the side issues of cd burning etc have clouded Veda's real original point that she's getting less psy on vinyl and less of the psy she actually wants on vinyl. But the truth is in no one person/ label can do anything about that it's the evolution of the psychedelic scene. I'm sure it's starting all over but in England no one dj's with vinyl. I've had a good think about it and I don't know one Vinyl psy dj, The night I help promote Stereo Chemistry has not had to sort out Vinyl decks for someone to play on since F'da F'da played in about 1999 (I know he has switched to CD's since), I think most other clubs in the Uk would tell a similar story Vinyl djing is obsolete in psychedelic circles.
Not that I'm saying it's a good thing, I really am up for people presenting their music however they feel a need to, at the end of the day it's all about the music, but it seems inevitable that the choice of psy on vinyl is going to get less and less.
You know how there's that software that enables you to record old vinyl onto CD's it's a shame no one has invented one that does it the other way round so you buy blank vinyl 12" and burn onto them anything you own on cd !! that would keep the vinyl die hards happy.

Veda hope your gig last friday went well

technomedics

Label Dj and Catawampii
to be honest, the thing that pushed us to cds was the lack of new vinyl psy. there are loads and loads of cds to choose from but only a few records. it seemed that we'd have to change at some point. we bought some cdj500's a while ago but were simply not impressed. the old trust 1210s were more flexible, more hands on and just easier to use. we were confirmed vinyl junkies but...
last christmas, after having a play on a cdj1000, we bought a pair. I can't stress enough how impressed we've been with them. we wish we'd bought a pair ages ago. now instead of playing from essentially the same core of records with a few extras thrown in (often of dubious quality as there were no others to buy), we can now play from the massive number of new cd releases and pick the best new tunes each time we play. the decks do sound clearer than vinyl, they don't jump (which is useful in many freeparty situations) and in vinyl mode they can be used just like the 1210s. In fact, they can do all the things a deck can do and some. yes you could even scratch on them, not that we do. The only down side is that instead of a box of records each, we often have to take the cdjs and cds!
cosmonaughty is right though. it is all about the music. not everyone likes the same solution. the end result is much more important than how its achieved. long live psy - i don't care if its vinyl or cd as long as it makes me dance & grin.

mark technomedic

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
I haven't used vinyl for a couple of years now.

One of the problems I used to have was:

{me to promoter} Can I have vinyl AND cd decks available please? I play off both media
{promoter to me} Yes

How many times do you think they actually managed to achieve that?

I seem to remember once, and the engineer wasn't happy about it when I turned up on the night.

Another advantage to CD: I can burn my own material on there and play it out with ease.

Just wait 'til a DJ turns up at a party with an iPod!

:Wink3:

AEON

dipthong mong
playing your new tunes is THE key benefit of CDs.

it's the best way to get 'active' learning feedback about your levels etc. - how else would you test them on a big system?

VEDA

Purusha said:
I haven't used vinyl for a couple of years now.

One of the problems I used to have was:

{me to promoter} Can I have vinyl AND cd decks available please? I play off both media
{promoter to me} Yes

How many times do you think they actually managed to achieve that?

I seem to remember once, and the engineer wasn't happy about it when I turned up on the night.

Another advantage to CD: I can burn my own material on there and play it out with ease.

Just wait 'til a DJ turns up at a party with an iPod!

:Wink3:

Play with both ways cd's and vinyls it's a good point b'cause you're producer i'm totally agree with this
Also if you're an producer and burn your own i'm totally agree also the techno artists do the same.

but my point is i'm not a producer of psychedelic i like to play the music of good producer but those artist aren't working on vinyls and i wish cuold buy to them in original format.

But most of psy dj's I don't know if in UK happends, they aren't producer and go to soul seek burn and burn the artist work and they earn money by the artist work and the artist doesn't.

So i'm totally agree with the producer and i give my respect to them. but never to the soulseek djs

The Best vibes for all !

pennies worth.

I began as a vinyl DJ spinning dnb, breaks, rave and hiphop.
When i discovered psy trance i DJ'd with vinyl for years secretly wishing i had those wicked CDJ's i kept seeing...heres my pennies worth:

in my opinion psy trance sounds optimum on CD. Again the warmth that Veda talks about is really just distortion and saturation and NOT the actual track. CD is faithfull and psy trance is a digital sound anyway.

I rarley spin trance these days as i do my laptop live set, but i still DJ dnb, house, dub and breaks and i would never ever want to do a set with CD's for these genres, vinyl all the way. its to do with the vibe of the genre..anyone will tell you drum n bass sounds weak on CD, but to me psy sounds too 'boxy', muffled and subby on vinyl...some genres require that analogue ruffness, but psy trance requires precise digital representation.

Veda, Twisted Records still put out vinyl as do Dragonfly, Kamoflage, TIP, Iboga, BNE, Cosmophillia...come to think of it i reckon psy vinyl is still very present....

Geoff3

Direct DJ
I was a vinyl head all through my youth...

Times change.....

Move On :Wink3:

and besides vinyl melts in hot countrys and goes all bendy, not that I have played outside the UK, but there is always hope!!

Ben3rdEye

toe-jamm
Hi VEDA-respect !
Hmm I am a vinyl-lover, unfortunately I haven't bought or got sent any in ages. I am disappointed with modern formats. Sure cd's (dats-also gone...), minidiscs, computers, will never be the same soundwave and warmth. Also those formats are easy to transport. I miss carrying very heavy boxes around! I miss sweating on the beach blowing grains of sand off that land under the covers, or making sure you play fast so the vinyl doesn't melt (one prime reason for keeping vinyl tightly-packed in boxes!). By the way Cd's get scratched to bits out here fast too on the beach -especially messy dj's.
Disc-Jockeys is the word; which could still apply to Compact-Disc Jockeys-fair enough.
Loves
It's up to the owners of vinyl presses

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
As a producer (*ahem* yes, alright you smug, released bastards ) I would refuse to release a track on vinyl. Why? Because it doesn't sound anything like the track I mastered. As someone who spends a frankly unhealthy amount of time listening to my own tracks, I can only say I won't put it on vinyl, because it is an unfair and inaccurate representation of my music.

How much have you used CD mixers? You could just whack 'em through a plugin, and you would be hard pressed to notice the audio difference... or is the problem your tactile environment? You could always get hold of some of the vinyl software out there.

The simple truth is, I don't want to release on vinyl, because I think it sounds shit.