A doofer from Melbourne...

fugly

Bush Doofer.
Reaction score
Howdy!

I'm from Melbourne Australia and looking to move to the UK in the next few months and continue travelling around Europe, hopefully being in Germany for the Full Moon Festival. I've been doofing for the past 3 years, I love living in Melbourne and have been to heaps of bush doofs around Victoria. It will be sad to leave but I think it's time to extend my horizons.

So what's the deal with psy parties in Britain? Are there any outdoors or are the police too strict? :imad:

Where are the doofer hot spots and where would be a cool place to work and live for a while?

Cheers.

Dan.

Fordy

Oh Loooooooordy!
Reaction score
Hiya!
Oh yes u r a lucky lot in Victoria, having the space & wonderful climate & beautiful scenery for bush doofs (I thoroughly enjoyed my time there Beating Around The Bush!) Yes there is STILL plenty of outdoor party action to be had in the English Summer (if u r lucky!) but the police can be strict sometimes (particularly in Kent last year) London is the place for dancing all weekend (with lots of great parties & during the winter many squat parties in disused warehouses & stuff) & a cool place to live. Brighton is quite pleasant too (& with easy access to london) This is the best site to keep up with psy party action. Acess All Areas is also a very good shop & a great source of information for all your doofing requirements. The Full Moon Festival in Germany IS well worth a visit (& apparently Voov [which takes place a few days later & also very nearby] is even better!) I'll keep a look out for u Melboune-shuffling at a party near me soon, then, eh???

Lyra

tranquila querida
Reaction score
hey you! there are plenty of parties in England during the summer. :Smile3: i think you will have lots of fun! Welcome to the board - maybe we will meet!

Sorry to use this welcome place to ask for a favour... but i am going travelling to Australia and Sydney/Melbourne in September - you know of any forums/links where i could get to know the psytrance scene over there? :Smile3:

and i hope you have a blast! :Smile3:

Mr Strangelove

Winky Dosco
Reaction score
London is where it's at Dan... no question. Bristol's pretty lively too, as is Brighton, but for sheer parties per year madness it's gotta be the capital. Plus there's already a small army of aussies here and the transport is bliss. People whinge about it when you have to go rush hour, but being able to go straight home from a party on the early morning tube is bliss...

fugly

Bush Doofer.
Reaction score
Nice one :ismile:

Thank you for such warm and welcoming replies. I've heard London is expensive to live in but if I can get work I'm sure I will get by. Brighton sounds like an interesting place too.

Heading straight home from a party? I wouldn't dream of it :irazz:

And Lyra - check out oztrance.com - it's mainly based around the Melbourne scene but also has sections for other parts of Australia. Most of the parties are posted there, even the little park parties around the city which are perfect for a sunny day. For Sydney check out australiens.net but I think Melbourne is where it's at :icool:

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
try and get about all over this here 'small' country plenty of parties located all over the place during the winter and summer months and travelling shouldn't put you off......many a different vibe to be found everywhere....its all about meeting different people init :Wink3: Hope you enjoy your stay over here and on the forum.

Lyra

tranquila querida
Reaction score
fugly said:
And Lyra - check out oztrance.com - it's mainly based around the Melbourne scene but also has sections for other parts of Australia. Most of the parties are posted there, even the little park parties around the city which are perfect for a sunny day. For Sydney check out australiens.net but I think Melbourne is where it's at :icool:
[/font]
thanks!!! :Smile3: I will check that out!

oOemmaOo

hello
Reaction score
Jon Kenobi said:
try and get about all over this here 'small' country plenty of parties located all over the place during the winter and summer months and travelling shouldn't put you off......many a different vibe to be found everywhere....its all about meeting different people init :Wink3: Hope you enjoy your stay over here and on the forum.
Gotta agree wiv Jon...it don't take long to get around in the uk and there are lots of lovely party cru's all around!! wherever you land I wish ya well and :welcome: to the forum! :ibiggrin:

Michael

comfortable middle class disco botherer
Reaction score
the weather here is EVEN WORSE than melbourne

and that's saying something

fugly

Bush Doofer.
Reaction score
Haha Melbourne weather isn't THAT bad. We can get the best of every season in the same day! Last Winter was awesome, I got to see Winter Demon in the middle of the forest - probably the coldest doof I've ever been to but man he rocked!

However, we don't get snow...

:sun:

psylocyboy

wiggle to the future
Reaction score
bez23 said:
There are *even* parties oop north! Come visit for friendly carefree bonkers :Wink3:
Welcome aboard!

Yeah- don't forget the oop north! The lake district is one of the most beautiful places in england, maybe a bit isolated, but quite a few hippies and stone circles etc. Also, in October there will be our party in Carlisle (near the lakes)- Dreaded Faeries. Check out the thread for the one in May:

http://www.psy-forum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41576