Abakus

Vanilla Penguin

V.P Psy comes to Dorset
Reaction score
That last Abakus cd is one of the nicest.. slighly old school , but very nice..was very impressed with it to be honest... anyone know much about them>?

Not much, except that he's the son of Ray from The Kinks. Think he might be called Russell.
I quite liked some of the tracks myself - well loved a couple of them in fact - but overall I found the album as a whole a bit boring.
Am going to keep an eye on any future releases though; California Sunshine is a peach.

I thought Closer to the sun was excellent..didn't know he was Ray Davies' son...fair play for that alone !!.. quite enjoyed drifting away to that on occassion.

That much closer to the sun... i LOVE that album. Didn't know there was a new one, on the look now.

Think is absolutely amazing!
Son of the Kinks for a fact?

It wasn't half as good as the stuff he'd done as one half of Nada, their stripped down psy tribalness had been replaced with a naff Ibeefan jazzyness it was one of those albums I bought, played thought it was a bit dull and apart from the track california sunshine, haven't been moved to give it another listen.

Back