Ableton Live 10

Swen

Forum Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Personally, I think it looks great! A lot of really cool features.

I often watch videos of Ableton on youtube and think about trading in my Cubase pro 9 for the the latest one, then I download the demo and spend about 20 minutes trying to fathom out how in hell I do the most basic shit with it, I uninstall it out of frustration and go back to Cubase until the next version comes out and I watch some videos... rinse repeat.

What about groups inside groups and multiple midi track editing? Those are really the two main features I'm looking forward to.

There is a new synth and a rather great echo effect. But not much else grabs me. new file browsing system? Not making me go weak at the knees exactly.

the drum buss is nice, baked-in Max is nice, as is midi note catch up and snapped automation points. The new UI is nice too.
It's all nice. I'm not getting moist and it's quite a lot of money. Still, I've always been a fool with money so I'll obviously buy it.

Anyone had a play yet ? is it any good yoouths???? iv got the upgrade waiting but haven't as of yet as theres a few 32bit vst's i don't wanna lose :Sad:

Yes I've been on the beta since the kickoff and upgraded on the day. It's very good all round, and wavetable is the absolute tits. All the new stuff doesn't sound that impressive on paper but it does add up, particularly the interface and workflow changes like groups in groups or editing more than one midi clip at once. Very nice. The new graphics are very slick too, a bit easier on the eye.

Get JBRIDGE for your 32 bit plugins, I've got the same problem as you and so far I haven't found a plugin it won't work with. It's only 15 euros and totally works. Mac or PC. Badabing badaboom.

and wavetable is the absolute tits. .
-- :Smile3: double d tits

upgraded yesterday an yeah i gotta say so far its a very nice upgrade only had a few hours so far tho
wave table is awesome an its been pretty good on cpu so far
echo seems good also
i haven't had to much of a go on other new features as of yet
an yeah it looks great on the eye looks pretty much identical but the colour schemes much nicer in dark and everything looks more slick an pleasing to the eye

iv read about bridge but a few people said about cpu an latency problems but worth ago for a 15euro,,

Last edited:
echo seems good also
bloody excellent, makes me wish I'd saved the money on echoboy

i haven't had to much of a go on other new features as of yet
Drum Bus is very very good for giving things a bit of heft and crunch, especially when you use it on non drums

iv read about bridge but a few people said about cpu an latency problems but worth ago for a 15euro,,
Well I dunno about that, I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever.

its slightly harder on my cpu

all the other features are grand tho

Back