Ableton live problem - fedback......?

felix

Neuroplasmic
Reaction score
I'm working on a track in ableton at the moment, and I keep getting this really annoying noise, that kinda sounds like, well all I can think of to describe is 'feedback', it may well not be, but I don't know how else to describe it....
it started when i put in certain synth parts, and even when im not playing anything it happens every few minutes or so....
any help to get rid of this bloody annoying noise would be very much appreciated :Smile3:

i've put the track up so you can hear it yourself, though please don't be harsh about it, 'cos it's not finished yet, and the levels are totally fucked in places! (tis the first render :Smile3: )

anyway, here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=99Q70JIM

btw, if you want to add any constructive criticism, feel free, although bear in mind this is a draft!!! hehe

thank you muchly

felix

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a demo version of a synth running to me...

Some demo versions will play annoying sounds after a couple of minutes of use, so you can hear what they sound like but then can't export a track with them... fuckin' annoying.
Don't play any music and check the channels when the sound happens and then switch off that synth (or alternatively register it)...

G'luck

felix

Neuroplasmic
Reaction score
that's probably the problem, thank you nik :Smile3: ......

god damn it

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Reaction score
Yeah i had that problem myself in a track... fuckin' annoying.

Listened to your track btw... surprised me at how melodic it is :Wink3:
I like it :iyes: nice ideas for sure!

felix

Neuroplasmic
Reaction score
hehe, thanks dude, needs a lot of work yet, just a short draft experimenting with bits and bobs.
yeah, i like melodies in chillout, if they're done well, can't say the same for a lot of psy unfortunately.
but that may well just be because there happens to be a lot of psy about with really pants melodies.....