Abortion

CariFairy

Now Less Confused
Reaction score
In america - headway by anti-abortionists?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4450390.stm

In mississipi -
They have made it harder for clinics to operate, but also harder for women - both practically and psychologically - to have an abortion.

If she is under 18, she must have the permission of both her parents to undergo the procedure. In the event of her being impregnated by her father, only her mother must consent.

Abortions may not be carried out in publicly-funded facilities.

After the woman has found hundreds of dollars to pay for the procedure, she is obliged to attend a counselling session, during which she is required by law to be told of a link between abortion and breast cancer. The federal National Cancer Institute reported in 2003 that there is no scientific evidence of a connection.

She is informed of all the services and agencies which could help her have the child. She must then wait for 24 hours.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Opinions on this (and abortion) please x x x

Sephira

MerKaBa Technologist
Reaction score
It's a choice, and free choice is what its all about (c:

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
Yep, Pro Choice here aswell

I think its disgusting that they are making an already very difficult and painful situation even harder to deal with

I do however think that couseling sound be given to all women wanting or having had an abortion, there are far to many women around who have been thru this and never been given the support they need. :ifrown: ...the bollox about breast cancer links is just wrong.

This whole thing contravines human rights imo

CariFairy

Now Less Confused
Reaction score
Exactly - its sick.

Its hard enough for a woman to go through something as hard as this without others making it more painful.

Pro-life? Then why are they trying to ruin other peoples?

I cannot see how it is allowed.

For people who shout god on all this, i think living by a 2000 year old book cannot be applied to modern things like abortion - i expect in jesus's time they would wear baggy robes until they had a child then leave it somewhere to die- which is worse.

x

grokit23

God mintsmak
Reaction score
Pro choice here, it's nobodies business, aside from the girl who's carrying it in her womb. That a southern god-fearing state in the US like Mississippi has made it harder is no great surprise though, keep 'em poor, dumb and scared. :Sad:

jimmy3000

One setting, total
Reaction score
It is frightening how much empathy it takes to put ones self the the position of a woman is this situation, What does a male politician know about what's its like to be pregnant in a circumstances which having a child would be extremely difficult. The only way that politicians will wake up if people make a fuss and campain hard.

Reaction score
this is simply horrific and out of order. Every woman should be given the choice to abort if they feel there is no better way for them to resolve an unwanted pregnancy. Why should the law make an extremely hard choice even harder?