AbsorbentGnome - Timbucktoo : New tune

absorbentgnome

Rotting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Please take a listen to my latest tune, 'Timbucktoo'. [tut tut, spelling] It's got a psychedelic beat with a more trancey sounding tune, which is intended.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=415842

I've been writing tunes for ages, any criticism welcome. Is the bass loud enough? Mixable? Too much or too little dynamic range?
A second pair of ears always helps...
Thanks!
Dan. :ismile:

TEK_Row

~Catalyst Of the Mind~
Reaction score
can you not upload it on psy-stream?

CariFairy

Now Less Confused
Reaction score
Hmmm... i like the way it comes in

its a cool beat

but i don't know anything about music but i like it :Smile3:

Zen Cat

Shizzle to the Nizzle
Reaction score
OK... The kick and the bass work pretty well together; however, I think that the synths become a little overpowering. It also sounds a little to clean and happy at points, which is down to the mixing more than anything else. There may be a little too much sub on the kick, which could do with a bit more bite. Maybe try boosting the higher frequencies slightly to get that 'click' sound.

Not bad, but I think it could do with a little more work and a little more darkness and squigglyness :iyes:

absorbentgnome

Rotting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments!
Zen Cat, the song is intended to move into a clean happy sound. It was made to break the mould between dark tracks or styles.
Listening to the MP3 version on different speakers shows a little excess synth volume. I'll check on my home system later. It's these niggles that only get sorted out by listening on a variety of different setups. ;-)
However i feel the amount of click is fine.
Cheers
Dan :Smile3: