Access Virus Ti...

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Purusha said:
How about TI vs. Virus B (and I'm not just talking about features).

BTW - the polar is minus aftertouch in't it?

Nope, the polar has aftertouch too :Smile3:

It's basically the same as the full 61 key virus, except with a different (more Nordic :Wink3:) colour scheme and 37 keys - the features are exactly the same- thus the same price...

I'm not sure how the Ti compares to the Virus B, having not used a virus B "properly" before...
I'm sure there's someone though who would know on this forum...

nik

cool. one thing that stands out for me is the 16 individual delay and reverbs.
with the Virus C you could only use one delay or reverb patch for all 16 channels which is a bit of a pain.

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Nice to think it has that capability, but I tend to use external reverbs anyhow, so that doesn't excite me quite as much as it would do someone else.

I use a TC M-one XL for live and Powercore reverbs in the studio...

evilwill

definitely
Purusha said:
OK - cool. I'm sure I read somewhere that the polar lacked aftertouch. Maybe it was the old Indigo?

yeah the first indigo (virus B wiv small keyboard) didn't have aftertouch. the indigo II (virus C) had aftertouch.

i think. never owned a virus...

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Back... and mine's fucking up too! haha

Lovely sounds and I'm 100% glad i bought, and it works like a charm programming in midi...

HOWEVER :iconfused
Things have gone weird when using VirusControl (i.e. via usb)...

1. When i switch it on and the computer is on - "blue screen of doom"

2. Delays (only) not properly synching... pitch bending here and there and everywhere (occasional crackle as well)
This is o.k. as i use external delays... However, at one point when i tried to fix it (I've fixed it a few other times perfectly) it alllll went haywire - Mad distortion... no proper sounds, and LOUD white noise - Bollocks

3. I can't control the .midi via the keyboard itself - Reason i've put this last is that i'm not sure if this is just me being inept though as I've had very little sleep recently :Smile3:

Anyway... as said, the rest of the synth is absolutely beautiful, and has already produced some of the fattest basslines... lushest pads... and emotive hits i've ever made :Grin:

If anyone can help with problems btw... that would be HUGELY (and I mean hugely) appreciated!

Nik

lil'wizard

...full spectrum magic
nik said:
cool. one thing that stands out for me is the 16 individual delay and reverbs

yeah it's fat!!!!

plus distortion, phaser, chorus & EQ...

:Grin:

lil'wizard

...full spectrum magic
BeatNik said:
Back... and mine's fucking up too! haha

Lovely sounds and I'm 100% glad i bought, and it works like a charm programming in midi...

HOWEVER :iconfused
Things have gone weird when using VirusControl (i.e. via usb)...

1. When i switch it on and the computer is on - "blue screen of doom"

Nik

if you mean the virus doesn't boot up properly then I get that trouble too. only with USB connected.

As for the other problems I dunno.. sorry. I got new update to the OS & it helped a lot...

Almost working perfectly now...

nik

i remember the Virus C had problems when I started using it - but mysteriously, the problems went away.....

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
So a couple of quick questions on the TI (for those of you who now own one).

Remind me how many audio channels you can transfer via USB. Is it USB2.0 now or USB1.1?

The blurb says you can use it as a live audio output - does that mean you get the 6 outs on the back mappable as outputs in say SX3, which would imply 6 audio streams *to* the unit. Any confirmation on how that works?

Thanks!

lil'wizard

...full spectrum magic
Purusha said:
So a couple of quick questions on the TI (for those of you who now own one).

Remind me how many audio channels you can transfer via USB. Is it USB2.0 now or USB1.1?

The blurb says you can use it as a live audio output - does that mean you get the 6 outs on the back mappable as outputs in say SX3, which would imply 6 audio streams *to* the unit. Any confirmation on how that works?

Thanks!

Hi Parusha... I been using it for a few weeks now & the max seperate audio streams via USB (I believe its USB 1) I have been able to get into Logic is: 3

This is one stereo out & 2 mono outs. I guess you could have 2 stereo outs also but I needed more seperation to mix the sounds in Logic so was trying to split up as much as possible...

The 6 outs on the back are analogue... the digi sound goes via USB. So actually you get 6 x mono audio (or 3 stereo) plus 2 stereo digi oputs... plus audio input via digi or analogue i believe... quite a lot of I/O plus it basically acts as an audio & MIDI interface...

not bad.

& it's working MUCH better now too!

:ibiggrin:

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
And does the S/PDIF mimic the main stereo outputs in that case?

BTW - what I meant by outputs in the question above was - outputs in Cubase SX. In other words, if I wanted to us it live, would it let me map outputs in Cubase to the analogue outputs on the unit - i.e. 6 channels?

Thanks for the response!

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
I'm starting to crack...

Just scored a bonus from work that puts it closer to my reach...

But then, I'd probably never be able to justify it to the missus.