Acoustic Treatment - Tutorials

NabLa

Spaniard DeLuxe
Reaction score
Lainey, you're probably not yet at a stage in which sound proofing will do much if anything at all to your sound. You might be better served by saving it up, or getting gear that'll serve you much better right now such as a MIDI controller or a decent audio interface for those shiny new Adams you got.

Spinney Lainey

Psy flute
Reaction score
Lainey, you're probably not yet at a stage in which sound proofing will do much if anything at all to your sound. You might be better served by saving it up, or getting gear that'll serve you much better right now such as a MIDI controller or a decent audio interface for those shiny new Adams you got.

Yeah, wasn't planning on doing it just yet but was wondering for the future, especially as I want to start recording flute myself but anyway, can cross that bridge when I come to it!

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
It wouldn't help when recording things in necessarily - in fact I find that when recording live tracks, things sound better with a bit of natural room reverb.

J.

NabLa

Spaniard DeLuxe
Reaction score
You got a suitable mike yet? That and a good audio interface will do you good for swell flute sessions

Spinney Lainey

Psy flute
Reaction score
Ok, that's good to know. Haven't bought a mic as of yet but it's on my list of things to gradually do......I also have an audio interface, which isn't amazing but it's ok for now...........

psyfi

Pie Fly
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy treatment ahead of time for a room before you've at least had a chance to find out what if any problem you might face in that space once the speakers are in place and you can here whats going on. The foam tiles your looking a there are all about keeping the stereo image tight within certain frequency bands. Most peoples problems tend to be about bass and those tiles wont do a thing about that. For that you would need Bass traps which are much thicker as they deal with much longer sound waves.

I also agree with the other guys that there other thing to spend your money on first but no rush for any of it. Nice mic would be first on my list.

Treatments for record and treatments for monitoring are again too different things.

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
Necro-ing this thread but i'm at work and found abunch of online sources with awesome info on diy diffusers. it's amixed bag, some from treatment sales folk but also some DIY stuff as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F5QKu8FqK8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYuz6y-ZK_Y

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
More

With this next onme, go to option 7 to download plans for diffusers