Acoustic Treatment - Tutorials

Deleted member 735

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Reaction score
As this happens to come up occasionally, I figured I'd start a thread for various tutorials.....It may help people out along the way :Smile3:

So...if you stumble across any useful tutorials or video documentaries, concerning acoustic treatment...Add them up here :Smile3:

Excellent idea (c:

I am possibly keen to make my own for my new place so will definitely be quizzing people when the time comes.

Excellent idea (c:

I am possibly keen to make my own for my new place so will definitely be quizzing people when the time comes.

As the company i work for has just changed hands, my account with Vi-Coustic is in limbo at the moment.
Hopefully it will have resolved itself soon enough....(mainly as I am moving house soon myself and will be building a home studio, but also as I have offered deals to a few people on here too)...
...I'm exploring this home build stuff as a viable alternative, in case my account can't be re-opened!
:Smile3:

theres a sonic academy tut on this aswell.

watch

ALL ABOUT DIFFUSERS -

This is exactly what I need to be seeing right now. Great thread

i personally like simon posford's approach to sound absorption (from what i've gleaned on you tube). stick all your gear in a room, turn it on, forget all about how crap your room sound is and how crap your speakers are and make some music. :Smile3:

i personally like simon posford's approach to sound absorption (from what i've gleaned on you tube). stick all your gear in a room, turn it on, forget all about how crap your room sound is and how crap your speakers are and make some music. :Smile3:

Why do you like that approach?

Sorry to re-surface this thread but....

Anyone know of somewhere online I can get some of the treatment/foam stuff for fill home made bass traps?

Not living on the mainland a shop type affair wont do unless anyone knows of something that is quite common that most hardware shops might have?

Why do you like that approach?

(re-asked, incase Nab missed the question the first time...its been a few weeks, eh?) :Smile3:

Anyone know of somewhere online I can get some of the treatment/foam stuff for fill home made bass traps?

Not got enough time at the moment to review those videos above, but had you tried googling the materials they use, to see if there is an online supplier?

Not living on the mainland a shop type affair wont do unless anyone knows of something that is quite common that most hardware shops might have?

I've just found this stuff - No Nonsense® Expanding Foam Hand-Held 750ml | Screwfix.com
It says, "excellent acoustic insulation" - Probably a load of poo, but i'm going to get a few tubes to have an experiment.
If it is dense enough, it may very well work for filling the cavities of egg cartons and implimenting the idea I was bandying around a few months ago....
Whatever I decide, I'd better do it quick, as i'm due to move into the new house in a month or so and need the studio done as a matter of urgency. (If preliminary tests show that the cartons don't disperse top end enough, and the foam isn't dense enough to deal with lower frequencies, I may very well just bite the bullet and buy some traps)...

Back