advice wanted for a good cause!

psypixie Dec 6, 2004

1. psypixie

psypixie Junior Members

Threads:
    hey everyone...myself and a few friends have been talking about putting together a monthly low budget newsletter about environmental issues, anti establishment, anti corporations such as coke or nestle and information about the latest bush/ war issues. we want to print a form of alternative media ..stating the things that are usually hidden to the public. basically i would love some of you to post back some advice on how to make a newsletter like this a success and any websites that give good honest info on the topics we want to include.

cheers....

2. Nanook

Nanook In the kitchen, studio or gym.

Threads:
    chat to someone like Si Splatt.
    I dont think he writes any but he distributes loads of similar already established stuff. He should know the score.
    Peace,
    N

3. Stuoolong

Stuoolong Professionally fluffy

Threads:
  4. Monkey Do

Monkey Do #1 Internet Toughguy

Threads:
    I'm touching myself as I write this post.
    Instead of a newsletter wouldn't a website have a further reach?

5. psypixie

psypixie Junior Members

Threads:
    thanks for your help guys, really appreciated...i'll get on thje case now.

PLUR

6. seuss

seuss Junior Members

Threads:
    you need to sort out - early - who's doing what.

agree on a time schedule, but try to be a bit pessimistic - unless you're blessed with plenty of time, things will inevitably take longer than you imagine.

get a good name / image established. this may sound like corporatist wank, but really it will help people identify with - and therefore 'buy into' - your 'product'. this isn't really the apothesis of what you want; really, you're spreading a message, a mind-virus, and therefore you want it as infectious as possible. this is entirely consistent with a firm anti-corporatist or anti-capitalist stance - just ask the editors of pravda :Wink3:

put out feelers; do one or two smaller-scale test runs. be sure to get the little things right - no font clashes, good quality & clear images if you're using pics, no contrast issues if you're using coloured paper. most important (of the small things) is check the spelling & grammar! obviously this is not the FT - quite the opposite - but an argument made coherently is more powerful (and harder for Them to dismiss) than a rambling misspelt diatribe.

decide on distribution areas, methods and intended users as early as possible :Smile3:

stick with it, if you need any help proofreading stuff let me know. i have done subediting / staffwriting / reporting etc. so i'm happy to help... but i can really only do small things until june/july. if you're after geopolitical / social historical rants, i'd love to contribute some in the future - just far too busy at the moment!

most of all - GOOD LUCK & ENJOY IT!

:Smile3:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice