AEON - 'Orthodoxy' - out soon on Relativity Records!

AEON

dipthong mong
Reaction score
hey huggy happy peoples,

after many delays mainly related to hippydom, herb & the summer season...

those spangletastic peepz @ relativity records are imminently releasing my most humble offering of an album, 'Orthodoxy'. as soon as release date is set in stone i will post up details from chaosunlimited etc... but watch this space - ought to be available before 15th October :Smile3:

without descending into overly-verbose and self-indulgent wordage, 'Orthodoxy' is intended as an intricate, melodic, shimmering wintersunshine type undertaking... some tracks are intended to capture a spirit, be it of a time or place or person, whilst others are just for the fuck of it... i make what makes me happy, creatively speaking, so expect some unexpected things... it won't be for everybody but hopefully it gives a taste of what drives me musically!

i'm just totally overjoyed and amazed to have a chance to share my music with people! huge shout-outs to Joe & Bez at relativity and to everyone at psycle who has helped with a critical word here or a gentle suggestion there... much love to all!

tracklisting:

1. snoflake
2. wild coast [kaiser's sunrise mix]
3. alterity
4. silicate
5. restriction enzyme
6. dark angel [heresiarch mix]
7. morningstar
8. caveman
9. petran [shrub mix]

it was basically made entirely with software with the exception of an lectric guitar & lectric violin... and a few reverbs recorded from a marshall valve state
icon_wink.gif
when i do live stuff there's a lot more emphasis on violin work; keep an eye out for the aeon website which will hopefully launch next feb & where i will post some livesets for download.

some of the tracks have shadows within them musically, soundscapes burnt into the fabric of the track, and those aural images reflect people who have been personally musically influential - hence the tracks named after the psycle resident DJs
icon_smile.gif
and yes, number 6 is an attempt to capture a teeny-tiny drop of Essence de Barclay :Grin:

thanks to EVERYONE @ psyforum who has helped out, with helpful criticisms and gentle coaxings and infinitely patient & tolerant advice... i can't remember everyone but thanks to: imak, colin, chris organic, j psychodelicacy, speakafreaka, red five, jamez23, purusha, etc. etc. etc. etc. :Smile3: i have learnt so much here and there's so much more to learn...

big thanks also to Chris Hawkins who has done a jaw-droppingly-beautiful job with the artwork and Karl 'Foggy' Fogarty who took on the unenviable job of turning my overworked underproduced soundwave stew into a proper album...!

see you on the other side
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

ooh ... looking forward to hearing this !!! All the best man !!!

lookin forward to hearing it

hey guys,

thanks jamez :Smile3: you comin to psycle on 15th? be sure to come find me if you are, would be nice to actually cross paths instead doing the whole ships-in-the-night thing!

cheers whitedog :Smile3: should add you to the thank-you list cuz i'm sure you offered some opinions in the early days! and jon i know i ought to have been in touch - but best wait till the release is out before i send ya a copy! joe @ relativity said he'd have a chat with you sometime anyway :Smile3:

Will - 'fraid not. once it's up on chaosunlimited there will be the usual preview clips available... but other than that i don't think so!

don't get too excited tho it might well be pants and a large part of me expects no-one to buy it :irofl:

AEON said:
jon i know i ought to have been in touch - but best wait till the release is out before i send ya a copy! joe @ relativity said he'd have a chat with you sometime anyway :Smile3:

Nay worries mate. Joe may well be going to Kulu next week so I'll catch up with him then if he's there :iwink:

AEON said:
hey guys,

thanks jamez :Smile3: you comin to psycle on 15th?

hmmm ..... I am about due another trip to Nottingham ......

I shall see whats happening .... maybe man ..... :Smile3:

If I do I shall track you down this time !!

:Smile3:

cool - well if you are stuck for something to do i highly recommend it... psycle is only doing indoor parties once every 2 months now, so there's bound to be a huuuge dancefloor release of pent-up stompage :Grin:

Aeon,

I look forward to hearing your album and will keep and eye open for its release. All the best with that, and hope hear from you now and then. Take care!

Sander

a gentle bump to say that, finally, it's available thru all good local bookstores etc. etc. :Smile3:

off-topic - bedouin i believe you have the finest collection of avatars known to humanity :Grin:

now that's how an album thread should be... less 'original energetic played on dancefloor across world! amazing new talent from avi killanolife!' and more 'i made this, for this reason, hope you like :Smile3:'
look forword to hearing it mate

Hey Aeon, just had a listen to the samples on Saiko, and it sounds pretty nice. Good stuff!

Back