Allen & Heath Launches First Universal DJ Controller

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
you are not wrong...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=stdtext>SAVE $299.03 (10%) WHEN YOU BUY TODAY!
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 24px; COLOR: #ff0000">SALE PRICE: $2,699.97 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

FlameBoy

Reaction score
whitedog said:
you are not wrong...

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="stdtext">SAVE $299.03 (10%) WHEN YOU BUY TODAY!
</td></tr><tr><td style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">SALE PRICE: $2,699.97 </td></tr></tbody></table>

That's about £1500 then, hmmm... think I will be sticking with my Kontrol DJ unit!

SketchySteve

No Social Conscience
Reaction score
"The progressive DJs, Chris Liebing and Richie Hawtin, have been consultants and beta testers during development of the Xone:3D."

Progressive?

FlameBoy

Reaction score
SketchySteve said:
"The progressive DJs, Chris Liebing and Richie Hawtin, have been consultants and beta testers during development of the Xone:3D."

Progressive?

Yeah, v.odd, Richie Hawtin plays techno

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
a gameport socket for a standard analogue joystick that can also be used as a second MIDI output
sweeeeet... joystick MIDI control? thats soo trance.

nik

Reaction score
yea i always dreamed of using such a thing for a surround sound show. take a piece of white noise and pan it round the room...3D sweeps man, thats gotta be awesome

photonic ballast

Junior Members
Reaction score
Indeed, the game port is very useful. But for sure there are USB joysticks. I wonder if it can control parameters of a synth (Cubase or Live)
Will these programs detect the joystick as a USB MIDI device?
Has someone tried it? has someone a joystick? :irazz:

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
i was using two gameport joysticks as x-y MIDI controllers years ago.
There is a shareware driver called "MIDIJoy" by a very nice German chap called Hermann Seib, whose web site is here: http://www.hermannseib.com/english/

You don't have to stop at x-y control either, use something like a MS Sidewinder 3D, and you have a z-axis by twisting the stick, as well :Smile3:

photonic ballast

Junior Members
Reaction score
It transmits MIDI info via bluetooth 3 times faster than MIDI protocol. not bad, MIDI protocol transmits very slow even nowadays when MIDI is used for everithing. The official specification is in the forgotten spring. Somebody, with a lot of time decided to rewrite the book, as he says:

The MIDI Specification is published by the MIDI Manufacturer's Association, ie, MMA (although this online document gives you the same information for free, in easier-to-understand language, and in many cases, with even more detail than the official document).

http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tech/midispec.htm

Its incredible, but I think I like how things are with this. Cause there is a lot of underground info in that document (400 pages). One thing he speaks abouts is the MPU driver discuss.
I was always wondering why 2 applications (Reason and Cubase) couldn´t share the same MPU driver. Instead of evolution for example where you can share its driver. Well, the answer is that when Windows was about to appear (ME, XP...dont remember now) they were still programming certain modules, one of them was the MIDI driver for the Roland MPU which all motherboards brings. And it seems that they would have develope a pretty multiclient driver but ... there where no time for that, windows needed to be in the market quickly. they decided to put a single driver client until ... .... ... who knows? another thing in the forgotten spring. Windows Update?? where is the multiclient driver?? hello microsoft!!?? :isad:

I ve decided to transmit things through a Microcontroller and USB, receive with MAX/MSP and do not enter in the darkness of MIDI problems. So I only need transmitters,receivers,sensors (separetely) than buy that kind of "bluetooth things" sure theyre good, but not cheap. DIY philosophy is cheaper.

check www.doepfer.com

andrew

open your mind
Reaction score
nik said:
yea i always dreamed of using such a thing for a surround sound show. take a piece of white noise and pan it round the room...3D sweeps man, thats gotta be awesome

yeah I've heard about surround sets... my mate in the dam was raving about a surround set he'd seen some breaks type dudes do over there... surround d&b - he said you'd hear this rumble of a drum roll from the back of the room tumbling toards the centre and then swooping on several unsuspecting youngsters...

I've been imagining what it would be like to do that, must be fucking wicked - a joystick would definitely help. I wonder if you can get ableton to work in surround... definitely would like to do some surround stuff in a next generation live set sometime...

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
You should be able to do it with any software which uses ASIO drivers and multiple outputs.
My mates and i have done it with a 4 channel rig and that most un-professional of packages, FL Studio, with a 8 output soundcard (Echo Layla). a 4-buss mixer is also helpful
Use the MIDIJoy driver to give yourself x-y controllers, and then control the outputs using them...
Great fun. :Smile3: