always save a pound for soup in the morning! wear yellow glasses, it's so trippy! :)

Shadow-heart

Junior Members
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
heya peoples of the raving world, most of you will know who i am when i say i'm the tall, lanky haired, slightly wide dude that always dances crazily and doesn't stop going until about 11 the next morning (i'm usually situated right in front of the speakers hogging all the deafening beats and moving a hell of a lot considering the amount of space i usually have. anyways my name is Carl, my nick-name is Shadow(-heart), there is a reason for the nickname, but i cat be arsed to tell you so meh. i reside in Canterbelly and am studying various things that i hope to make a career out of (although i sometimes wonder what philosophy will do, other than make me good at explaining the world and other amazing things while stone-ed). i have recently given up on drugs (and no i'm not a straight edge, i've had my fair share of stuff* in the past), exept for smoking and alcomahol, i figured every drug fakes an emotion or state of mind that is perfectly attainable otherwise e.g. E=fake happiness/energy, Sensi=fake peace and chillingness, Magick Mushrooms=fake imagination, K=fake confusion, Coke=fake concentraion and so on... blah blah blah. so i'll see you all at the next regional "gathering".
P.s. i'm taking philosophy so i might as well unlease some of my wisdom on you... if you blink and miss something, it wasn't worth seeing, because the things that are worth seeing last longer than the blink of an eye. (comments please)
*"stuff" is exactly what you are thinking it is...yes, it's true, i've had my fair share of liquorish in my lifetime. :Smile3:
 

Random-K

Savage, Severe, And Hench
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Location
Whitstabubbly
Cool....mah best buddy's finally a forumer!
 

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Messages
6,918
Reaction score
518
Location
..somewhere on the time coast...
Shadow-heart said:
if you blink and miss something, it wasn't worth seeing, because the things that are worth seeing last longer than the blink of an eye. (comments please)

I'm afraid i can not agree.
What about the fleeting glimpse, or the flash of inspiration?
The momentary pleasure, which, in truth, is all we have... :icool:


Hi and welcome, anyway :welcome:
 

Shadow-heart

Junior Members
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
ok Whitedog, maybe there is some truth in your fiction and some fiction in your truth, but also take into account the deeper meaning of blinking, it reaches into the depths of regrets and the unknown for if you miss that fleeting glimpse or that flash of inspiration then nothing and no-one can ever give that to you, and to regret that you blinked is the very root of humanitys problem= whether you blink or not life goes on, you may miss the momentary things but the good dependable things will not dissapear when you blink...and momentary pleasure is nothing compared to constant pleasure, why settle for the short buzz when you can work to acheive the long one (comments)
 

martin_e

Pantheistic Cyberneticist
Messages
9,057
Reaction score
7
Location
Living in a shed in Broadstairs
always save a pound for soup in the morning! wear yellow glasses, it's so trippy!

I have no convincing evidence that things that disappear when I blink are not temporarily removed from all existence. How do I know that when I open my eyes everything has not been replaced with a replica of the original ?
"Good dependable things" are as passing and ephemorol as anything else. They just seem to last longer due to chance.

... and I have no idea why they call it Philosophy - I don't know anyone called Phil who has any particular knowledge of these problems. Think from now on I'll call it martinosophy.

(comments ?)

Welcome to the forum Shadow(-heart) enjoy the blathering :Smile3:
 

Shadow-heart

Junior Members
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
ok, martin, but your martinosophy is your own how do you know whether you are transported to a alternate earth every-time you blink and each time one thing is changed so that slowly you will end up in a world where nothing is the same as it was ten million blinks ago. the fact is our unlimited imagination put unlimited doubts into our minds but i still believe that in this constantly changing world there are things that anchor us to our beliefs about life and those are constants.
 

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Messages
6,918
Reaction score
518
Location
..somewhere on the time coast...
Shadow-heart said:
ok Whitedog, maybe there is some truth in your fiction and some fiction in your truth, but also take into account the deeper meaning of blinking, it reaches into the depths of regrets and the unknown for if you miss that fleeting glimpse or that flash of inspiration then nothing and no-one can ever give that to you, and to regret that you blinked is the very root of humanitys problem= whether you blink or not life goes on, you may miss the momentary things but the good dependable things will not dissapear when you blink...and momentary pleasure is nothing compared to constant pleasure, why settle for the short buzz when you can work to acheive the long one (comments)

A good answer, but i put it to you that nothing in the perceived world around us is solid or reliable (i take it that what you mean by dependable).
The only constant on which i may depend is my own perception, and hence, in truth, each blink, never once regretted, may reveal more of life's wonder to me than any amount of external observation.

Guess it depends where you are coming from... :ibiggrin:

p.s. if you don't blink, your eyes dry up, and eventually you'll go blind.
 

Shadow-heart

Junior Members
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
hahaha thats why some dumbasses go blind then! you are a good adversary dear Whitedog, but when i said blink i was not referring totally to the percievable world,but also to the world in which our minds live, the undeniable sense that every person has to tell them from right and wrong, the things you percieve when your eyes are closed, what about those ar4e they dependable???
 

jamez_23

Blah
Messages
5,354
Reaction score
0
"Reality is an illusion - albeit a very persistent one"

Albert Einstein .....
 

martin_e

Pantheistic Cyberneticist
Messages
9,057
Reaction score
7
Location
Living in a shed in Broadstairs
always save a pound for soup in the morning! wear yellow glasses, it's so trippy!

Shadow-heart said:
ok, martin, but your martinosophy is your own how do you know whether you are transported to a alternate earth every-time you blink and each time one thing is changed so that slowly you will end up in a world where nothing is the same as it was ten million blinks ago. the fact is our unlimited imagination put unlimited doubts into our minds but i still believe that in this constantly changing world there are things that anchor us to our beliefs about life and those are constants.

The universe is an infinitely complex inter-related pattern. Anything you believe about life is a product of your own place within the pattern (say in space or time if those things are important to you) and therefore subject to be incorrect in another manifestation of the pattern.
A constant (such as "stones are solid") is not true in the world of electrons or neutrons - still less in the vast macroscopic view of time which would include the formation and obliteration of galaxies as a small event.
Our unlimited imagination is merely a reflection of the unlimited possibilities which exist within this pattern. Our beliefs are as transitory as any other momentary grouping of energy ...

... but anyway. Reality is an illusion, Unreality is also an illusion, Surreality is a bath full of brightly coloured flamingos setting fire to an old grandfather clock.
 

Shadow-heart

Junior Members
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
whitedog said:
Absolutely, yes, they are, (for me), and i don't come here to be anyone's adversary, so welcome again,and see ya around... :ismile:

hey i meant an intellectual adversary your a good challenge to talk to no negative vibes meant, peace and all that jazz :Smile3:
 

rcain

Member
Messages
648
Reaction score
0
jamez_23 said:
"Reality is an illusion - albeit a very persistent one"

Albert Einstein .....

...he was was almost right, just fudged the last bit...the universe blinks... a lot...
 

nicknick

me n me shadow
Messages
759
Reaction score
0
always save a pound for soup in the morning! wear yellow glasses, it's so trippy!

that of the yellow lens sounds cool :love234:
 

Utility_Stick

Senior Fucking Member
Messages
489
Reaction score
0
Location
S.W London/Canterbury
always save a pound for soup in the morning! wear yellow glasses, it's so trippy!

Carl = fantastical guy. :ikiss:

Muchos loveos to you....! :ibiggrin:
 

Shadow-heart

Junior Members
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
always save a pound for soup in the morning! wear yellow glasses, it's so trippy!

Utility_Stick said:
Carl = fantastical guy. :ikiss:

Muchos loveos to you....! :ibiggrin:

return muchos loveos to you...! thanks for the welcome. haven't seen ya in a while when you gonna be down dj next, also soz i was at the last "party" to give you moral support heard you got totally fecked off your head, we still got the mutual backwatching thing going on i've got ur back at the next one :Smile3: xxx
 

Utility_Stick

Senior Fucking Member
Messages
489
Reaction score
0
Location
S.W London/Canterbury
always save a pound for soup in the morning! wear yellow glasses, it's so trippy!

Shadow-heart said:
return muchos loveos to you...! thanks for the welcome. haven't seen ya in a while when you gonna be down dj next, also soz i was at the last "party" to give you moral support heard you got totally fecked off your head, we still got the mutual backwatching thing going on i've got ur back at the next one :Smile3: xxx

:iredface: I dont think i was that fecked at all? Had a really good time....

Hmm. :iwink:

But yeah, ive got ya back bruv.
 
Top