Anarcho-statism

Yodhe Mar 29, 2020

1. Yodhe

Yodhe Forum Member

Threads:
    Are they any other anarcho-statists out there apart from me?

2. psychedelVic

psychedelVic (~'~)

Threads:
    Uninstall Capitalism.

3. psychedelVic

psychedelVic (~'~)

Threads:
    The world stopped: offered a sudden unique glimpse of a world where humanity comes before capitalism and we responded by interpreting a need for survival with a mad dash for toilet roll.(are we ready?)
    Competition survival of the fittest is so ingrained and ties in with the Capitalist ethic which the state exploits fully.

4. Torsion Jim

Torsion Jim PsyMusic Radio

Threads:
    could you define what you mean by the term?

5. psychedelVic

psychedelVic (~'~)

Threads:
    If born out of Dissatisfaction
    the number may be high.

6. Yodhe

Yodhe Forum Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the question. I mean a state without compulsion. I believe that anarchism fails in its political philosophy as often to was borne out of a return to 17/18th century pastoralism that isn't possible for a highly industrialised populated society. I guess this is where to some degree Marx envisioned communism as the intermediatry state between capitalism and anarchism (the state should wither away over generations to anarchism). However communism tends to be authoritarian in its nature, (single party politics, dictatorship of the proles, democratic centralism) which obviously ends up as some for of supposed benign dictatorship and we all know how they have ended (though in part obviously not being able to compete as vigourously as capitalist state, leading to Trotsky notion of worldwide perpetual revolution). I like the ideas of Anarchism self-governance and sovereignity, but I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water when getting rid of the centralised state. For example NHS, power, water, transport, communications etc, which still should be provided as a public service. I guess this is the change from a style of governance to service, rather than being ruled, we are coopted in (a lack of physical complusion/monopoly of violence by the state would be essential, to be a purely mutual affair). I guess there would be some role for collective justice, but it should be strictly limited to a civil role, with the open stated aim of developing better means of conflict reduction/resolution. Simply put it is the state without government, a truly mutual civil service, which is limited in its power by mutualism and a lack of coercion.

7. Yodhe

Yodhe Forum Member

Threads:
    Or the short version

Fully automated luxury gay space communism :Wink3:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice