3. Sly Dunbar [uh!]

4. Carl Palmer [bonkers.]

5. Ringo Starr [Don't laugh - he invented pop drumming.]

6. Tony Thompson. [invented Disco.]

7. Ju-Ju House [Shorty] [from Trouble Funk. 17 years old and utterly bad.]

8. Billy Cobham [how subtle?]

9. Keith Moon [fucking HELL!]

10. Evelyn Glennie [AND she's deaf...]

Special mention to Neil Peart - Rush suck old man's willy, but he's an amazing technician.

:goodthre:
  • Alphonse Mouzon
  • Charlie Antolini
  • Lionel Hampton
  • Gene Krupa
  • Roger Taylor
  • Steve Copeland
Hm mostly Jazz-drummers...

...more, I don't remember! :unsure:

Jimmy Chamberlin
Stewart Copeland
Stephen Perkins (Jane's Addiction)
Jeff Porcaro
Dave Grohl (more versatile than many think)
Brant Bjork

Are bizarre gardening accidents allowed?

J.

• Tony Thompson [owns]
    Chad Smith [solid, solid, solid]
    Phil Gould [very underrated]
    Stuart Copeland [yeah!]
    Sly [oh yeah!]
    Nick Menza [f*ck you!]
If i had to choose one to play with, it's be Sly.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Monkey Do @ Feb 25 2004, 10:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
please don't make me write Lars Ulrich...arrrgh...too late...yuk! [/quote:fcfda83d32]
satan.

1 - Bonzo Bonham (its all about "Good Times, Bad Times")

2 - Keith Moon (always up 4 it)

3 - Ringo (underrated as fuck)

4 - Mitch Mitchell (he could play a bit)

5 - Dan Griffiths (brilliant but wasted talent)

:wow:

evelyn gleny is blind not deaf ott you old goat hehe
my favourite drumer : phil collins obviously..

1. John Bonham ( holy)
2. Keith Moon ( if I didnt know bonzo he d be the first )
3. Carl Palmer ( made me realize you dont have to play it like rhtyms all the time )
4. Ginger Baker ( cant figure out his magic but sounds utterly unique )
5. Bill Bruford ( he is a very good drummer, straightforward )
6. Buddy Rich (when I started jazz drumming my teacher gave it to me and I understood I d never be a jazz drummer :sob: )
7. Billy Cobham (spectrum :crazy: )
8. Stewart Copeland (very fresh and original always, though I dont like his bands music at all)
9. Mitch Mitchell (love the energy he gives definetly a drummer for Jimi and thats enough)
10. Phil Collins (his early genesis drumming always blew me away)

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tom anteater @ Feb 26 2004, 10:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> evelyn gleny is blind not deaf ott you old goat hehe
[/quote:b98095e9a6]
Hmm, strange then that I found this quote in a paper on acoustics.
Guess the author must have gotten it wrong :Wink3:

(or being felt as vibration - a very overrated area of perception unless one is deaf - like the percussionist Evelyn Gleny),

yup, i am so wrong..

here is a public apology :

"ladies and gentlemen i hereby apologise for opening my (metaphorical) mouth without actually knowing what i was talking about. in future i shall endeavour and strive to ensure we see no repeat of this dsimal turn of events"

now throw some rotten fruit.

and of course feel free to give me a beating oh illustrious ott.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (twistedjc @ Feb 26 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> 5 - Dan Griffiths (brilliant but wasted talent)

[/quote:e6f2b9a214]
hahahahahahahaha :lol1: !

nothing like in jokes to piss off the other forumers eh?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kodomo @ Feb 26 2004, 12:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>[...]
10. Phil Collins (his early genesis drumming always blew me away)[/quote:53df741acd]
Oh, how could I forget Phil Collins? :rolleyes:

*shame*

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Garfield @ Feb 26 2004, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Oh, how could I forget Phil Collins? :rolleyes:

*shame* [/quote:44c01d03e1]
Quite easily I'd imagine.

If you close your eyes, he's the guy building a shed behind the other musicians on stage.

At least that's what it always sounds like to me.

lars
dont give a shit what you say about him, yes he is probably the biggest twat in the world who wears the tightest jeans and has the frizziest hair and talks THE most utter shite but he is an amazing drummer, listen to ...and justice for all, the best drumming on anything ever,

vinnie paul
john tempesta
dave lombardo
dave grohl - anotheer twat
keith moon

warning!!
gonna look like im arse lickin, but i aint
i think ott's blumenkraft drums is pretty superb, thought u were a drummer and played them urself until u told me you didnt
definately the best electronic synthesised unreal drums on an album ive heard i fink

ill shut up now

1. John Bonham
2. Ringo Starr
3. Keith Moon
4. Nick Mason
5. Mickey Hart (Grateful Dead)
6. Mitch Mitchell
7. Ginger Baker
8. Ron Bushy (Iron Butterfly)
9. Most of the drummers from Hawkwind
10. Jaki Liebezeit (Can)

:Smile3: :peace: :punk: :speaker:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skwelch @ Feb 26 2004, 06:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i think ott's blumenkraft drums is pretty superb, thought u were a drummer and played them urself until u told me you didnt
definately the best electronic synthesised unreal drums on an album ive heard i fink [/quote:2c95a5d047]
I suspect that when you've spend 15 years where your day job involves miking up the bastard things, you learn how well-engineered drums should sound.

...And Justice For All? You're having a laugh, m8. Sounds great when you're 15 (double kick drums? WOW!), but listen closely and you'll notice his timing's all over the place - added to that the drum production on that album is so lousy that he suffers from the Collins 'building a shed' syndrome right the way through it.

J.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Warwick Bassmonkey @ Feb 25 2004, 10:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Chad Smith [solid, solid, solid]
[/quote:127d52fce7]
Don't know much about drummers, (of the age that my mind was mainley polluted by tr808,909 rather than Real drummers)

but Chad Smith is really Good. Solid is a well chosen word! :Wink3:

Back