Animations

duballstar

morbidly obese midget
Reaction score
I've always loved animation from my childhood days of Trapdoor, Morph and cartoons to more recent enjoyment of anime and silly stuff like Wallace and Gromit, Invader Zim, www.rathergood.com, http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/ and the rest....

Anyway inspired by all this i had a crack at some very basic stop motion and frame by frame stuff a few years ago and am planning on making some more when I get the time. For anyone who's interested here are some of my early attempts (the second one does have relevant psychedelic content) and hopefully will be more to follow!

(Rick click & Save As)

Bob

Sunny Day

:partysmi:

we are currently screening the Peoples Choice nominations for the BAA at work, there are some really good ones this year....although I'm sure there weren't as many last year, 3 seperate screenings which means I have to work late 3 times :Sad:

just watched Sunny Day :ilol: quality!

heheh, sillyness!

how'd you go about making a video from a load of photos? i've got a load of photos that would make a good short video sequence...

indiska said:
you poor bugger! :irazz:
i would love to do that!!!

ingrate :irazz: :irazz: :irazz:

yeah but I've sat through them all a fair few times already....we held an Animation festival at work last November and there were a lot of em shown at that (I had to compile all the films to tape for screening)...I then had to edit together a long trailer to be screened in our reception and bar area for the BAA awards, so it kinda gets to be a bit of a drag when I have to stay late at work for the actual screenings and sit through em all again when I could be at home doing other things. But there are some really good animations all of differing styles

evilwill said:
heheh, sillyness!

how'd you go about making a video from a load of photos? i've got a load of photos that would make a good short video sequence...

do ya want to animate the photos? best thing to do is get a copy of Stopmotion Pro

duballstar said:
I've always loved animation from my childhood days of Trapdoor, Morph and cartoons to more recent enjoyment of anime and silly stuff like Wallace and Gromit, Invader Zim, www.rathergood.com, http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/ and the rest....

Anyway inspired by all this i had a crack at some very basic stop motion and frame by frame stuff a few years ago and am planning on making some more when I get the time. For anyone who's interested here are some of my early attempts (the second one does have relevant psychedelic content) and hopefully will be more to follow!

(Rick click & Save As)

Bob

Sunny Day

:partysmi:

aww well done dude , loved sunny day one .. brillant :ibiggrin:

I here the internet is good for getting hold of software, but obviously you would have to pay for it via the legitimate stopmotion pro website :Wink3:

i used win movie maker for mine which is crap but it did the job! :Grin:

rinka dinka - thanks for the link i'll have a look at that!

jon - what do you do that gives you animation festivals at work?

indiska - nice paintings. i especially liked the stuff on the iamateaspoon (?) website and mmmK's pretty damn funky... i wonder what inspired it?

an i wanna see all these little animations people have made.. put em up put em up!!! :iyes: now i wonder where can i buy UV plastacine from? :huh: :Wink3:

duballstar said:
jon - what do you do that gives you animation festivals at work?

I work at a creative digital media centre in Wolverhampton which does training in Video Production, Animation etc We have a 2 screen cinema which screens non Hollywood blockbuster type films and does special screenings/events/media forums and the like. We organise and host the Flip Animation festival which showcases regional talent alongside international and national films, BAA Peoples Choice screenings as well as the BDA Deaf film festival and loads of other film/animation type events. Keeps things interesting throughout the year usually :ibiggrin:

I done it using, MX Flash. Do you have that softwear on your P.C?
Takes a while to load it all in, also i reconmend you use a low resolution setting on your camera as i spent forever resizing all my images. I've only had a couple of attempts since having time off at christmas but find it good fun and keeping my eyes out for good objects to use.
happy animationing :icool:

evilwill said:
yeah, i want to create a video using the photos as frames...

sooo, how'd i do that then eh? :Wink3:

rinka dinka pinka linka said:
I done it using, MX Flash. Do you have that softwear on your P.C?
Takes a while to load it all in, also i reconmend you use a low resolution setting on your camera as i spent forever resizing all my images. I've only had a couple of attempts since having time off at christmas but find it good fun and keeping my eyes out for good objects to use.
happy animationing :icool:

cheers, i'll have a look.. sure i've got some flash software knocking around somewhere..

oh and by the way, resizing lots of photos is something i can do :Wink3: this explains it quite well:

http://www.creativemac.com/2002/04_apr/tutorials/psbatch.htm

Back