Any one have a JP8000

Missing-Link

looking forward
Reaction score
hoo the other thing was ...do you need to save your patches to performances...

cause i set up the upper part to recive midi channel 1 and the lower to recive channel 2

i tried changing between the split,dual and singel...but no joy the sounds seem to bout play at the same time.. i was in patch mode though??????

dont get it help.....

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
Warbatron and Nik will probably be your points of call here.

I only used a JP for a few months, but as I recall, you could trigger arps from a single MIDI note, and you did have to have the thing in Performance mode to split the keyboard.

I reserve the right to be wrong though...

J.

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
Missing-Link said:
Hi i was playing with one and i like it lol :Smile3:

but i was woundering when your record your hown arps...rps whatever they call em... can you triger the notes off of logic or do you have to play them in live ...?
I have a jp8k

You cannot program the rps patterns from logic - I have tried. Its is pretty easy to get what you want programmed manually - the more you practice the easier it gets. I have programmed shed loads of patterns onto mine. You can record the patterns into Logic when you are happy with them.

Wicked synths functionality wise . great for jamming / playing live. .... could do with a newer better sounding version.

:Smile3:

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
i've got a jp8080 (rackmount version), its a good synth, makes some very nice noises. have to admit i only ever use it in performance mode though, and haven't ever used the rps patterns so i can't actually help you at all :Wink3:

only just figured out how to use LFO2! (but to be fair it's a bit obscure on the rackmount without a mod wheel...)

anyone know anything about the morphing stuff? (is it any good?) i tried reading the manual but it was pretty poor...

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
evilwill said:
anyone know anything about the morphing stuff? (is it any good?) i tried reading the manual but it was pretty poor...

Morphing stuff ? Must be an 8080 thing. They are more powerful than the JP8k apparently.

I want one as well. :iyes:

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
Missing-Link said:
cheers for the info guys...so does any one know how i can copy my patches to my performances? :Smile3:

Select performance mode. You will have to select upper or lower part. You then just select which patch you want for upper and lower.

psymagi

Banned
Reaction score
Check ads section at the back of this months SOS. JP8000 for £350 i seem to recall. Lovely synth, I know Faithless use them on the road.