Any Oxford people?

icy_fire_

IcyFire
Reaction score
Just got my A level results, which means im going to Oxford Brookes next September after my gap year. Just wondering if anyone is from the area and can tell me what the nightlife is like, parties and such. Anyone go to the Uni? x

I'm ex-Oxford, and I went to Brookes for my degree... but I graduated 13 years ago and moved to Bristol in 2000 so I don't know how much help I can be :Smile3: However Baraka at the Coven is a great night, and all the promoters (Jodha, The Phonographist and a few others) are on this forum. They can be a lot of help I'm sure. We (ie. Voice of Cod) are doing a DJ set there in November, by the way... :Wink3:

I don't know about the free party scene in Oxford any more but Tribe of Isis used to do things regularly - anyone know if they're still doing stuff?

Just got back from oxford yesterday,
the chillathon was good :Wink3:
lovely croud there!!!

i don't know much about oxford,
apart from that there are some very
lovely people living there,
that are on the forum too!!

I hope you got good results,
good luck at uni too!!

and also.... welcome to the forum icy fire :happy:

Aye-up!

Oxford is the tits, Baraka kicks ass, you've made a wise choice :Wink3:

Tribe of Isis no longer seem to exist (hello Colin!) but there are various other free-party crews in the shire who put on parties (check Squatjuice for Storm and Surge free parties).

Its Baraka tho, thats where you need to go, you'll need nothing else :Grin:

Another new-ish oxforder here. Only been here about 4 months. But its a good town and baraka rocks! :Grin:

Wicked thanks guys. Im getting quite excited about going now, even tho its a year away. Hopefully ill investigate the area a bit before i actually go to uni there. And to crisps: I didnt actually get good grades, well not what i expected, but luckily the nice ppl at brookes let me in anyway :Smile3:

Hi There

I've lived here on and off pretty much all my life. It's a wicked place to be, lots of lovely open spaces. Lovely crowd at Baraka, come and say hi, you can head back to mine afterwards to meet some peeps if you like.

Hugs, T

oxford is super super cool, theres a bag lady on the botley road and she has a really long beard. and theres free meditation workshop every tuesday off the cowlkey road. its with a monk who has a funny accent and he smells nice

yay!! im an oxfordish folk (kinda but still a newbee!) living with claire Ultraviolet22 and also mark Jodha in the beautiful Holton area :Smile3:
hope see ya bout in the 'Shire
quite a bit going on it seems with Baraka on once-a-month and also Shikista once-a-week !! and london not too far away really :Smile3:

x
x

hey! Jon (Miszt) and myself are moving into the area after xmas. See you ther!
best of luck
xxx

woo hoo am so lookin forward to movin up 2 oxford, we iz gonna have so much fun chuck!! hehe :dancey:

I finx a big misztified house warmin is in order for our lovly friendz n friendz of friendz whoz already up there, n any london peepz that feel like makin the trip :hihug: soon as we move we'll let ya'l know :Grin:

watch out oxfordshire, me n carriez gonna cause lotz of mayhem wiv the yocalz mwhahahaaaa

:speaker: :dancey: :clubjump: :speaker:

:bananada: :party2: :bananase: :party2:

:grandad: . o O ( turn that musik down you fukin hippiez! )

( dont have a cow man, have this instead! ) O o . :smoke:

Can you please all sign the comment book that will b placed in our lavatory!?

The Senate is desperately seeking an endgame to the impeachment trial which will provide members plausible deniability, and create the illusion of having performed their constitutional responsibilities. Something, anything, that will play Peoria. Perception rather than reality ... form rather than substance

The Senate is desperately seeking an endgame to the impeachment trial which will provide members plausible deniability, and create the illusion of having performed their constitutional responsibilities. Something, anything, that will play Peoria. Perception rather than reality ... form rather than substance

erm...did you reply in the wrong thread or somthing? :irofl:

My hometown is famous for several amazing natural features. First, it is noted for the Wheaton River, which is very wide and beautiful. On either side of this river, which is 175 feet wide, are many willow trees which have long branches that can move gracefully in the wind. In autumn the leaves of these trees fall and cover the riverbanks like golden snow. Second, on the other side of the town is Wheaton Hill, which is unusual because it is very steep. Even though it is steep, climbing this hill is not dangerous, because there are some firm rocks along the sides that can be used as stairs. There are no trees around this hill, so it stands clearly against the sky and can be seen from many miles away. The third amazing feature is the Big Old Tree. This tree stands two hundred feet tall and is probably about six hundred years old. These three landmarks are truly amazing and make my hometown a famous place.

hello

I'm another oxfordish person (I live in abingdon which is about 6 miles away) and am also found at baraka or shikasta....

hope to meet you soon

Back