Any stoner rock freaks out there? Own up! And check this out :)

Ozric

Hoofaloof
Reaction score
This is an amazing bbc documentary from the early times Kyuss and the rest were going in the middle of the desert in order to stir some serious ehm sand! :Grin:

That's where the desert rock term came about before it evolved to stoner rock due to the lack of any desert say in the UK or Sweden unless you can consider Cornwall beach under tide as such!

Save as and enjoy:

http://stonerrockchick.com/music/BBC_Documentary - dessert_rock.mp3

You may notice some uncanny similarities with our "Scene TM" :Grin:

Red five said:
oh c'mon now alex...

you knows i love the stoner sound...strictly sabbath edge though, none of this shouty nonsense...

downloading now.

I just knew you would answer! :Smile3:

Am waiting Bachanal and OemmaO now, te-he!

:Grin:

It's a long clip about 30' long but is def worth the wait! It will make you go through all your CDs mid 90's circa!
That's what I did anyways!

All together now:

I am the demon cleaner,
Madman saver,
I am the the freedom bleeder,
Standing naked here to say,
I'm the only way

:Smile3:

give them the "nod" :Smile3: niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :Smile3:

*wishes she still had all her old cd's - they were stolen in a burgulary :sob:*

oOemmaOo said:
*wishes she still had all her old cd's - they were stolen in a burgulary :sob:*

Oh shit!! That's like my worst (non health related) nightmare...
Am really sorry!

Bastards

<angry>

reeder loves the animals, lives with fk knows how many goats, chickens etc.

good stuff, 2/3 of the way through it, nice to hear more about the desert parties

pissing me off the way they've looped and cut stuff for background music though, Kyuss is NOT wallpaper!
:badger:
:punk:

RAWK!
\m/

Bacchanal said:
pissing me off the way they've looped and cut stuff for background music though, Kyuss is NOT wallpaper!
:badger:
:punk:

RAWK!
\m/

He-he!Top comment!

Still haven't got over Kyuss split up! But then again Hermano released a strong album and QOTSA decided to do the same for a change! So things are looking good!:Smile3:

And seeing Unida at Dynamo 98 was a defining moment!

kinda sad to see qotsa dismantling itself though, someone was talking about how it shows the strength of the scene, but it seems to me more like in the record sales chase and big time partying the boys all did too much coke, and Josh kept the tightest grip on the band
i love the qotsa self titled, and rated r had some good singalong tunes, but their output just seems to be getting more and more 'radio-friendly', which I'm sure isn't 'the desert way'!

speaking of Unida, have you heard Great Divide? (that album they recorded but the label didn't consider popular enough to release)

tis a stonker

Bacchanal said:
kinda sad to see qotsa dismantling itself though, someone was talking about how it shows the strength of the scene, but it seems to me more like in the record sales chase and big time partying the boys all did too much coke, and Josh kept the tightest grip on the band
i love the qotsa self titled, and rated r had some good singalong tunes, but their output just seems to be getting more and more 'radio-friendly', which I'm sure isn't 'the desert way'!

Yeah I know what you mean! :Smile3:

But I thought QOTSA went very commercial with the R album. And yeah first album was so absolutely good! I mean R surfaced and there were not a lot of stuff for me to dig in there but everyone and their dog lapped it up so much I couldn't believe the hype. And all those wire reading orbits didn't even know what Kyuss were to start with. Maybe that's why I hated R so much don't know. By the time Songs for the Deaf came about I didn't even bother seeing that Josh used again his (luvely) Dessert Sessions as a plateau for inspiration by remaking his own tracks for general appeal. (by buffing up production valus mainly). Got the new one through monolith (he-he) and I was very pleasantly surprised. Radio friendly yeap I expected so much but good tunes fuck yeah! :Smile3:

Bacchanal said:
speaking of Unida, have you heard Great Divide? (that album they recorded but the label didn't consider popular enough to release)

tis a stonker

I got a copy by an ol stoner friend of mine reading as Unreleased Unida album some years ago. It contains 15 tracks there. If that's the one--->def a stonker! :Smile3:

But best Garcia release after Kyuss-----> Slo Burn-Amusing the Amazing

:punk: :punk: :punk:

~ j ~ said:
still havent checked hermano, and thanks for the butcher tip ozric! :Grin:

Haven't checked Butcher yet but def high on the list! :Smile3:

I'll keep you posted. Now me thinks it's fest time to vent the accumulated winter sloths and then Stonerrock will come around richer! He-he!

:Grin:

Adeptus said:
If any of you are interested there's a band in Belfast you might like called Bad Boat(yes I'm a member).
You can download our CD Breathing Space here
http://www.fokus-energie-systeme.de/aue/releases.html
It was demo of the month in Metal Hammer a few issues ago

and get some other stuff here
http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=11365

have a wee listen and let me know what you stoners think.

Anyone heard of Acrimony? Apparently their guitarist, Mead is a Psy DJ as well.

Would be glad to review you!:iyes:

Check us out at:

www.monolith.gr

PM me if you are interested!

:Smile3:

I am the demon cleaner,
Madman saver,
I am the the freedom bleeder,
Standing naked here to say,
I'm the only way

yeah yeah yeah YEAH

i am the deeeemon cleaner...

i wish i wasn't at work... *digs out orange goblin & electric wizard albums*

I just received a parcel from stonerrock.com hourrai!
after said parcel being kept for almost a month at romanian customs for no real reason eh hourai??

yeah yeah yeah

:speaker:

after said parcel being kept for almost a month at romanian customs for no real reason

perhaps our friends in the romanian customs service were kicking back with a bifta & learning to appreciate the blissed-out detuned heaviness? :Grin:

Back