Anyone but me still spin/juggle?

Milky Mar 7, 2011

1. Milky

Milky The Bad News Faerie Staff Member

Threads:
    This side of the forum has been pretty dead lately... Am I the only one who still enjoys playing with my balls on a daily basis?

2. Bacchanal

Bacchanal semilanceated

Threads:
    Not so good at doing it every day just now, but yes I still enjoy a fumble with some balls, just not got much to say about it.

Juggle-trance is the best.

3. Nanook

Nanook In the kitchen, studio or gym.

Threads:
    Na I still spin. Just lost the urge to be constantly competing for better n better tricks.
    I lost track of "The Scene", when it came to HyperLoops and all that snazzy shit (that is commendably technical but 99% of the time looks shite)....
    Still have the occassional poi spin and juggle :Smile3:

4. arghhh

arghhh _*_

Threads:
    if only i had the time to do all the things i love, sure i'll probs have a spin at play maybe....

or just sit around blazing allday and play some tunes.

5. Milky

Threads:
    Haha I didn;t know there was a scene if I'm honest. Agree about hyperloops though, they are fun to play with, but don't look so impressive thrown into a routine. Variations like air wraps are pretty visually appealing.

When is play? And how much?

Juggle trance :Smile3:

6. arghhh

arghhh _*_

Threads:
    bollox

just cos you (or me) aren't good enough to make them look good doesn't mean they can't be amazing and flow and all the rest of it.

http://playfestival2011.co.uk/

7. Milky

Threads:
    Depends on the routine I'm sure, fire and glow I reckon it just ends up looking like a wonky buzzsaw no matter how good you are at them. Although horizontal hyperloops can look pretty nice. Like a little UFO.

There are a load of funky variations and throws/whips but still look a little dodge with fire/glow. Go down well in a techy routine I should think.

8. aimée

aimée knitnobbler

Threads:
    I don't spin at all these days, it doesn't excite me. I still hoop, albeit rarely now as theres a big chance of smashing a small persons face in with it. But its nearly warm enough to go play outside [​IMG]

9. Nanook

Threads:
    Problem is....i've NEVER seen them look good.
    As ever, i'm willing to retract my comment on presentation of proof. ....But all I've seen in my experience, is a few wonked out people at fessies getting in a tangle and spoliling the flow of otherwise nice routines....

10. mangomaz

mangomaz prrrrr...

Threads:
    I've pretty much stopped.. like Aimee it doesnt really excite me any more unfortunately! I will occasionally be the annoying person at a party who asks for a go on someones poi, but that is about it. Maybe once summer kicks in though I will change. Dancing is more fun for me :Grin:

11. Milky

Threads:
    They're not doing them properly then :Wink3:

12. atomgrinder123

atomgrinder123 Fat idiot.

Threads:
    I have started juggling again after a few years off. Still mainly concentrating on numbers training.

13. Nanook

Threads:
    ...that post of mine you quoted was a subtle challenge to link me to some video.....

14. Milky

Threads:
    I don't actually know any videos of someone adding it into a routine, only tutorial and variation videos, so sadly will fail your challenge. I don't follow online vids that often these days and I don't think loops are something that would come across well in a video.
    But I have seen people playing with them at parties and festies, and it usually just end up looking like a wonky buzzsaw or the main feat of their spinning; which it was for me when I first learned them. I am planning on hitting Strange Daze at some point this year, so will have to try and put my money where my text is :Smile3:

15. arghhh

arghhh _*_

Threads:
    i'll find some, once my brain can work out which videos i need. probably involve going through all my spinny vids which might take a few days.

16. Nightshade

Nightshade Porque tambien somos de lo que homos perdido...

Threads:
    I hula hoop every day, but I only use my poi when I feel like whacking myself in the face because frankly I'm useless with them.... Devil sticks are another matter, I use them when I want whack someone else in the face...

17. Squagnut

Squagnut There's a gnu in my squat

Threads:
    I got meself a nice set of cheapo electro juggling balls the other day. I've had a few setbacks as far as juggling goes - several months of double vision and several months of unusable arms made practice impossible. But I still got da skillz uh-huh.

At the mo I'm thinking I might take the electro parts out of the cheapo balls and embed them in much more suitable resin-cast balls, but I also found an affordable USB-programmable multi-LED unit which would also do the job only much better.

18. siofra

siofra Junior Members

Threads:
    I have just started learning to juggle, feeling the pressure as I seem to be surrounded by jugglers at the moment.

I have to say, its is not easy, but lots of fun :Smile3: Much harder than hooping, well of course!

19. SugarPixie

SugarPixie unforgoatable

Threads:
    i've been doing tricks with a baseball cap recently, it's pretty fun but hard too.

20. linziloop

linziloop The Puppeteer

Threads:
    Funny you should mention it, I used to be well into spinning poi and playing with fire but have just fallen out of practice SO much the last couple of years (since being out of uni and into work, coincidentally) but have recently been thinking I want to get back into it for fitness and for fun! So I might have to come pick some brains about some new moves fairly soon :Wink3: ESPECIALLY now the weather is picking up, yay!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice