Anyone done a Degree in music technology?

paradice

Junior Members
IF so... then maybe u can help me!
I have this big major project to deal with and have no clue what to do for it. Has anyone done one and if so what was your idea.

Also, did u learn that other ppl had good ideas / projects too?

I just need a idea of what i want to do cus as of now i have no idea. I dont wanna go down the usual biuild website and host music online / send to record labels deal cus im sure a majority of ppl will turn to this anyway.

Ok hope somone or somone(s) can help!

thanks

did a BA in Recording Arts....whats the project? Do you just have o come up with an idea to do with music and computers..or is it a business ting?

paradice

Junior Members
AHH cool guys.

Well i got this Creative Major Project to do. What there after is some kind of installation/performance or somthing basicaly music tech based.
What they love is Max/msp stuff but im not doing a thesis on that stuff. Its open to anything really. Id love to do something pratical that has a good, thought out process. But have no idea what.

Id love to get a special angle on elctronica and culture. But thats a wide open angle. If u get me.

Hope that helps

how about some kind of interactive Reaktor live experiment using midi controllers....there are some nifty spund genterators which are free running -constamntly producing sound so you dont have to play a keyboard..instead you can take wild journeys into the unknown by tweaking knobs in realtime...this would fit the "instalation" theme of the task.....it will probably sound like IDM/ glitch style ambient sounds rather than actual music ....but its oh so arty

ichabod

Sturdy Pete said:
i'm currently in my final year of a masters in music tech / electronics.. my project is lookin very sweet (can't tell you anything about it though, signed a non-disclosure agreement) but i'd be happy to help if you have any questions..

Are you at York by any chance? I finished a Masters in Electronics/MusTech a couple of years ago there.. a great course! I ended up designing a hybrid convolution/delay based Reverb algorithm and writing a VST for it.

paradice

Junior Members
Good idea there about reaktor! Humm... yeah very good. I might look into that 1

and im at Bath Spa uni as it happens. Nice lil place they have there! ichabod did u use max for that yeah? We done similar kinda thing in year 2!

Cheerz guyz

ichabod

Didn't use Max... I did it the hardcore way in C++ :iconfused Probably took about 10 times as long because of this but learning a bit of programming isn't such a bad thing - can come in handy in future jobs!

Not telling you I wrote the book :Smile3: