anyone here like pendulum?

Abstraction

happy juice
Reaction score
as in the ozzy DnB/breaks newcomers.

been listening to their album, and although the DnB bits are fairly run of the mill, there are a few exceptions and the the breakbeat stuff is bloody fantastic. especially tracks 4 and 9 :iyes:

M

makdaddy

how can you not get up n dance to track 04? fasten your seatbelt is a big phat skankin monsta!!!

Random-K

Savage, Severe, And Hench
Reaction score
Hold Your Colour is one of my favourite album's of the year, purely because it's so different from your average DnB stuff. I really think that Pendulum are the best thing to happen to the genre. Ever.

Nuff said. :iyes:

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
me want pendulum voodoo people remix! will swap for music/beer/etc :Smile3:

love pendulum, some of the drum n bass on hold your colour is very much better than run of the mill. (and to be fair some is quite shite) the breakbeat tunes are both phat too.

my favourite pendulum tracks aren't on that album though - vault and masochist are 2 of my favourite drum n bass tunes, both immensly phat and massivly silly, good stuff... (masochist on a phat rig at st pauls carnival this summer was sooo good! one of my moments of this summer without a doubt)

also has anyone heard spiral? combination of puke-inducingly-cheesy trance sounds with matching male vocals and one of the rudest basslines ever to grace a drum n bass track, very amusing. (and a good tune to play at full volume whilst driving around bristol with your windows done to confuse people :Smile3: )

silky

meh...
Reaction score
ahh well come down to miztfiedmind on sat ill play it for yer :Smile3:

my fave was another planet, i used to go mad at raindance to it..

dur......dur-dur-dur-dur-dur-dur.......duuuuurrrr...duuuuurrrrrrr!!

ill get me coat.

squinkysaurus

Mmmemmber
Reaction score
yeah pendulum are crazy...a lot of my dnb lovin mates hate them cause of the direction its takin dnb, they've got that uber-polished feel that sounds different from the rest of real urban dnb. i love it though, especially the way they'll develope a tune bar after bar rather than just looping a riff. and their production is simply sick; the way their drums flter in n out on their intro's, their contrast between the really beautiful+uphoric,n the really grimey n nasty.

"fsten your seatbelts" has given me a couple of great moments; - i remember stewardin up a campsite watchtower at glade on the sunday when i heard that come on in the breaks tent. i got really excited and asked the person who i was stewardin with if i could leave for five mins to rave it up to that tune. i took off my stewardin jacket and just ran down into the tent and went mad....ahhh....

RobAC

Singin' in the rain
Reaction score
pendulum rock
aparantly ther're playing in the volks in brighton at some point but i can't find the info on it:Sad:
-noting will survive not even the bacteria-

Random-K

Savage, Severe, And Hench
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the video for 'Slam'? It's got a fat man dancing (well, more jiggling than dancing) on the streets of London. And it looks like it cost about 50 quid to shoot. Actually, it's so awful that it's somehow good. You'll know what I mean if you see it...