Anyone know anything about prog/tech house?

ichabod

Reaction score
Had a listen to some of the stuff on Kamaflage and Dirty Blue Records and have been tantalized into getting hold of more... unfortunately I don't know anything about it. Its a whole new world, which - like the psytrance one - seems to be populated by a million small record labels and 5million albums.... 90% of which are bollocks. A jungle to explore!

Don't want to spend weeks wading through all of the crap to find the good stuff though. I need some hints to help find the cream of the crop. Can anyone reccommend their favorite artists or some good websites?

Cheers
Dan

soliptic

whirling mathematician
Reaction score
so far i have downloaded 6 or 7 of these mixes and they are absolutely, mindblowing, heartmeltingly amazing.

to be honest its the 4/4 music thats most fired my synapses in the last few years

all tracklisted as well to aid hunting down artists/labels, but i havent actually bothered, the mixes are so divine in themselves i feel no need to go and cratedig the genre, i still have loads more of these i havent downloaded yet :Smile3:

http://www.ncm.hu/community/haazy/welcome/Mixes/Haazy mixes/

oli oi oi

with the ill behaviour
Reaction score
well tech house there are more well known labels... end recordings(more techy) and underwater (less techy), I'm a house head me. Check out www.trax2burn.com wicked downloads there....

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
soliptic said:
so far i have downloaded 6 or 7 of these mixes and they are absolutely, mindblowing, heartmeltingly amazing.

to be honest its the 4/4 music thats most fired my synapses in the last few years

all tracklisted as well to aid hunting down artists/labels, but i havent actually bothered, the mixes are so divine in themselves i feel no need to go and cratedig the genre, i still have loads more of these i havent downloaded yet :Smile3:

http://www.ncm.hu/community/haazy/welcome/Mixes/Haazy mixes/
Hmm... can't seem to find the Hazy mizes there. It's all in a wierd language and I've had no luck, despite clicking around a bit.

soliptic

whirling mathematician
Reaction score
Colin OOOD said:
Hmm... can't seem to find the Hazy mizes there. It's all in a wierd language and I've had no luck, despite clicking around a bit.
how very odd

when i went there last (which was when i posted it, to check), it was just an apache directory listing with all the mixes right there in front of ya!

no page, no language...

now i click on the link today to see what you're on about and i get redirected to a hungarian site indeed.

my only theory: at home i'm in firefox, at work (now) i'm in IE. try it in firefox? otherwise I'll fish out direct links to the mp3s when i next get home (which is tomorrow night)

dogcow

SMOKER
Reaction score
you know there is something seriously wrong with the world when there is a photek tune on a digweed mix cd.

paradice

Junior Members
Reaction score
dogcow said:
you know there is something seriously wrong with the world when there is a photek tune on a digweed mix cd.
Photek made a house album named solaris around 3 years ago. Its probaby a track off there. The album was not the best of photeks work but it had some nice grroves on, and some good vocalists too.

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
I've just downloaded them all on spec... had a quick scan through a couple and they sound very nice! Gonna burn a couple of CDs-full for the car.

mafkaroo

Junior Members
Reaction score
Found some more :Smile3:
I downloaded the second 'download' link after chasing up the music when hearing it on the radio. It's quite long at almost 2 hours, much of it is wallpaper music, but there are some interesting ones on there, particularly a mental metal track at about 1hr47..

http://d-phrag.neogrey.com/

paradice

Junior Members
Reaction score
After listining a few times, it reminds me very much of DJ sasha. hes proababy the king of this style, and a fine Dj too.