Anyone know anything about prog/tech house?

ichabod

Reaction score
Had a listen to some of the stuff on Kamaflage and Dirty Blue Records and have been tantalized into getting hold of more... unfortunately I don't know anything about it. Its a whole new world, which - like the psytrance one - seems to be populated by a million small record labels and 5million albums.... 90% of which are bollocks. A jungle to explore!

Don't want to spend weeks wading through all of the crap to find the good stuff though. I need some hints to help find the cream of the crop. Can anyone reccommend their favorite artists or some good websites?

Cheers
Dan

so far i have downloaded 6 or 7 of these mixes and they are absolutely, mindblowing, heartmeltingly amazing.

to be honest its the 4/4 music thats most fired my synapses in the last few years

all tracklisted as well to aid hunting down artists/labels, but i havent actually bothered, the mixes are so divine in themselves i feel no need to go and cratedig the genre, i still have loads more of these i havent downloaded yet :Smile3:

http://www.ncm.hu/community/haazy/welcome/Mixes/Haazy mixes/

well tech house there are more well known labels... end recordings(more techy) and underwater (less techy), I'm a house head me. Check out www.trax2burn.com wicked downloads there....

soliptic said:
so far i have downloaded 6 or 7 of these mixes and they are absolutely, mindblowing, heartmeltingly amazing.

to be honest its the 4/4 music thats most fired my synapses in the last few years

all tracklisted as well to aid hunting down artists/labels, but i havent actually bothered, the mixes are so divine in themselves i feel no need to go and cratedig the genre, i still have loads more of these i havent downloaded yet :Smile3:

http://www.ncm.hu/community/haazy/welcome/Mixes/Haazy mixes/

Hmm... can't seem to find the Hazy mizes there. It's all in a wierd language and I've had no luck, despite clicking around a bit.

Colin OOOD said:
Hmm... can't seem to find the Hazy mizes there. It's all in a wierd language and I've had no luck, despite clicking around a bit.

how very odd

when i went there last (which was when i posted it, to check), it was just an apache directory listing with all the mixes right there in front of ya!

no page, no language...

now i click on the link today to see what you're on about and i get redirected to a hungarian site indeed.

my only theory: at home i'm in firefox, at work (now) i'm in IE. try it in firefox? otherwise I'll fish out direct links to the mp3s when i next get home (which is tomorrow night)

you know there is something seriously wrong with the world when there is a photek tune on a digweed mix cd.

dogcow said:
you know there is something seriously wrong with the world when there is a photek tune on a digweed mix cd.

Photek made a house album named solaris around 3 years ago. Its probaby a track off there. The album was not the best of photeks work but it had some nice grroves on, and some good vocalists too.

I've just downloaded them all on spec... had a quick scan through a couple and they sound very nice! Gonna burn a couple of CDs-full for the car.

Found some more :Smile3:
I downloaded the second 'download' link after chasing up the music when hearing it on the radio. It's quite long at almost 2 hours, much of it is wallpaper music, but there are some interesting ones on there, particularly a mental metal track at about 1hr47..

http://d-phrag.neogrey.com/

After listining a few times, it reminds me very much of DJ sasha. hes proababy the king of this style, and a fine Dj too.

Back