Anyone using Reaktor 5?

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
Let us know.
I tried an .err...evaluation versio...but neither I nor my PC were brainy enough...

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
Purusha said:
I'm taking the plunge.

Should get at the end of the week.

What are people's thoughts on it?

It is wicked ..... you will love it. !!

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
I'm a reaktor 4 user - it is amazing, and i hear reaktor 5 is better still. Really good reverbs and echos and synths out of the box and once you've got the hang of building your own you can build pretty much anything at all...

worth persevering with.

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
If you figure out how to temp sync stuff automajikally let me know *begs* I could never get my head around the maths and it stopped my producing an amaaaaazing synth which revolved around sine (or whatever) waves tuned to the harmonic series which automatically varied in volume over time and/or phase start point, each sine wave also allowed phase start point control over the LFO modulation it received meaning you could 'mexican wave' through the harmonic series. You could then treat the whole thing as a single osc and sync it in various different ways to another of these mad oscillator things and then the signal got spat through filters amps choruses and delays.

It was utterly mental.

But I never could figure out how to tempo sync *sob*

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
:scared:

Riiiight - just about got my head around the basics now.

My brain hurts!

ichabod

Reaction score
Reaktor 5 is wicked for creating sound FX.. Just mess around with some of the granular/sample slicing type instruments for a few hours and record the results and you can build up a clollection of totally unique fx :Smile3: Not sure I can be arsed to actually make my own instruments though - why bother when you can get the reaktor user library? I know that if I start making my own instruments then progress on my tunes will stop completely!

Lazytom

imperialist running-dog
Reaction score
Reaktor is the shit!

seriously challenging but its wicked fun an capable of practically anything... there's no better way to brush up on your synth programming skills

Viva Reaktor!!!!

soundmagus

Forum Member
Reaction score
Granular synthesis is Reaktor 5 is awesome, some of the mind boggling stuff you can create with a simple single hit drum sample or weird little effect is crazy. The sound generators are awesome also, have a play with some of them for some weird and wonderful sounds that can be chopped up for all sorts of madness.

Then you get to play with soem mind boggling synths that have some fantastic features and functionality.

The effects are betetr than most and can add all kinds of depth and space to your music.

Its all about experimentation and when you feel comfortable go make your own, then you really get into the power of Reaktor 5, and it gets frightening what you can do.

Enjoy mate, dont be scared :Smile3::Smile3:

SM

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
It's also a *time* thing. If only I had the time to get into this at a leisurely pace.

I'm having to fast-track this to an extent.

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
I have to balance time in learning about the sound sources and actual music making.

Basically, I have limited time for production, so I have to use that time as wisely as I can.

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
Totally agree with soundmagus.

Just let one of the live synths go at your chosen tempo in standalone mode, hit audio record and tweak away and chop out the bits that sounded insane later on.

icodon

Junior Members
Reaction score
Any way to use Reaktor 5 as a plug in (via audio unit), considering I have an Ibook G4 1.29GHz / Logic 7??? The capacity of CPU worries me...

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
I'd have thought they'd have AU'd it since it's their flagship package.

I haven't tried that myself though since I'm a Cubase kinda guy.

:Wink3:

It really is a *very* good package!