Aphid Moon - Global Culture

RedZebra

Reaction score
New on Nano, this kicks. I like Jules' stuff - pretty driving and hard without being boring. Tracks build up nicely. It reminds me a bit of Space Tribe in not really being "ground-breaking", but just really, really good at what it does, which is: trance you out and get you dancing. There are one or two tracks I don't like quite so much with some vocals or guitar, but they're ok. Fave tracks: 4:K-9, 8:Axel, and 9:Total Psy.
Looking forward to hearing this live. Is he playing at Glad by any chance?

RedZebra said:
...It reminds me a bit of Space Tribe in not really being "ground-breaking", but just really, really good at what it does, which is: trance you out and get you dancing...

WOW! Strangely enough I thought the same thing when I first heard it! It's one of the better releases this year, though I still can not say much good about it. There are some good tunes there (second half of the CD), but some are really boring and lead nowhere... I'll listen to it more and try to give some more constructive comment then :Smile3:

Yeah, I've been listening to this today too. It is a shame about the vocals because track five in particular has some really nice moments it's just ruined by that whole section of cheesy euphoric singing in the middle with lame effects over the top. Still the track before that is kicking and overall I am enjoying what I hear.

RedZebra said:
Looking forward to hearing this live. Is he playing at Glad by any chance?
Yes, indeed he is. Depends how I'm feeling, but I might just check him out...

:rocker: :p

I thought this was wicked too, personally thought the first 2 tracks were the best though.

Back