ARGGGGHHH Waves VST plugins irritation

morganism

AKA OLMEC
Reaction score
I have recently started fresh with a shiny blank hard drive, :Smile3:

Luckily this time I haven't lost any of the tunes i am wotking on at the mo.. :Grin:

However I seem to have lost all my waves plugins, I've been trying to
re-install them, however I can only seem to get them to work as Direct Show as opposed to VST (I'm a logic 5.5 on a PC kinda guy to give you some context) :huh:

Anyway because of this I've lost various "bits", for example i've lost all my eq's cause i use (mostly) the waves 4 band para eq mono.

As you can imagine hearing your work without the eq's isn't fun!!! :mad:

Does any one know how I can get them back!!!!
Does anyone use logic 5.5 and have all the waves plugins working in VST. If so I need your help!!!

I've been online and all i can get a hold of are installation files that give me the direct show versions.

HELP!!!!!! my computer was out of action for a 3 days!!! and i haven't done any tinkering to my tunes for nearly a week!!!! If i don't get something soon I may have to sedate myself!

(A desperate) Morgan :unsure:

opia

locus solus
Reaction score
the waves plugins are notorious for being really dodgy with logic. i always thought it was the DX versions which should be disabled though?

soliptic

whirling mathematician
Reaction score
all the waves i have are dx only and dont even have vst versions!

shows you how up to date i am eh!

morganism

AKA OLMEC
Reaction score
Thanks for the help colin!

I didn't realise you needed a different waveshell file for some of the plugins i was using. I am now running waveshell version 3.5 which seems to work fine, but if it doesnt i have a better idea of why.

I'm now looking for later versions of the plugins, i feel a little outdated seeing that there's a version 4.5.

Anyway, if anyone cares to comment... what is the difference between running a vst or direct show plugin? How does it effect how well my computer performs?
I have issues with my pc not being able to handle some of the stuff i want to do. I end up having to bounce indivdual parts as a write a tune so my computer can keep up.

Any suggestions?

soliptic

whirling mathematician
Reaction score
i think everyone has to bounce! :lol1:

for me to do my last few tunes without bouncing, i estimate i would have needed a 100ghz machine :juggle: