Junior Members
Reaction score
Artist: Astrix
Title: Artcore
Style: Psy-Trance
Label: HOMmega Productions
Format: CD
Catalogue no. HMCD37

Astrix is Avi Shmailov from Israel, one of the biggest headliners in the trance scene. He released his debut bestseller album "Eye to eye" (HOMmega) in 2002. Since then, he is constantly touring the world, performing in massive parties and international festivals promoting his unique sound and style.
After a year and a half of work, Astrix finished his last touches on his brand new second album – "Artcore". This album approaches a wider audience with various styles of Trance: psychedelic, uplifting, rock'ish and ambient.
It is a mature album with a high level of production.
The album includes a collaboration track with Israel's leading trance act – Infected Mushroom!

Track list:

1. Poison
2. Infected Astrix - Monster remix :jump:
3. Tweaky
4. Techno widows
5. Artcore
6. On fire
7. Underbeat
8. Sex style
9. Beyond the senses

www.hommega.com

Any dates for a UK release yet? :Smile3:

I've heard that his new stuff shows promise.

It's well-known that I hold this guy largely responsible for the lack of true psychedelia in psytrance at the moment, so I wait to see if I'll be pleasantly surprised.

J.

Astrix is Avi Shmailov from Israel, one of the biggest headliners in the trance scene. He released his debut bestseller album "Eye to eye" (HOMmega) in 2002. Since then, he is constantly touring the world, performing in massive parties and international festivals promoting his unique sound and style.
...promoting his unique sound and style? what the fuck are you talking about hommegga records?
here is a more accurate scenario:
Stars in their Eyes, 8.00 pm, Sat night:
Matthew Kelly: well Astrix, you're a welder from Birmingham but who are you going to be tonight?
Astrix: well Matthew tonight I'm going to be Alien Project, who are shit but bloody successful, and I have no imagination

:wo^thy: :bananase:

:unsure:

Astrix: well Matthew tonight I'm going to be Alien Project, who are shit but bloody successful, and I have no imagination

Ha Ha Ha!!! You've hit the nail on the head! I await with curiosity to see if he has used his imagination this time and not just churned out a load of tunes that ALL SOUND THE SAME!! [/quote]

Yeah, it's true Astrix and Alien project used to work together - so unsurprisingly share some of the same sounds.

Thing is all my old Alien project CDs have a few inches of dust on them now, but the (Astrix) Eye-to-eye CD still gets a good thrashing after all this time.

Musically I don't think Astrix and Alien Project are even close. And from listening to the single from this album I don't think we're gonna get a rehashed Alien Project sound at all.

Looking FWD to this release :Smile3: (End of the month is rumoured for the release date).

Any news on some live appearances?

actually - technically - alien project ripped off astrix.

the 2 of them used to be alien project, then astrix went off and ari, well basically ari just kept all the presets and somehow managed a lucrative multiple-album deal on a large label, which involved him breaking a contract with a large israeli label, which involved lots of headaches and wranglings and looking back, one must surely question whether it was all worth it

allegedly.

I still listen to crystal sequence and valirus from time to time. was wondering when he'll finally do another album. really looking forward to this.

that cover shot? :ph34r:
Have you noticed that as soon as artists start putting their pictures on the cover then things go downhill...

Course I'm looking forward to it :Grin: , naturally.

Oh, I thought it was some random dead dude wrapped in plastic a la 'Twin Peaks' stylee...

Thought it was some reference to the 'Art' in the title - i.e. just odd for the sake of it.

It's not astrix on the cover.... It's some odd dude with long hair, astrix has short hair and a slick mousetache that makes him look like a weirdo :Wink3:

bhhurp...

Back