audio arrangment . beginer advice .

sun rise

Junior Members
Reaction score
hello over there.

I have liitle knowledge of audio arranging, please be easy :Smile3:

... Is it better to bounce, for exampel .... a kick drum track to a one 7 minute audio file,

or,

have one kick and repeat it hundreds of times?

in the respect to time it takes to arrangement, and also hard drive efficentcy, cpu ram etc?

if this makes any sence :ilol:
any links or information grately appreciatet

Thanky you

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
Out of the two, you'd be best off repeating it lots, as it will use less memory, but best of all would be to use a sampler and trigger from midi, as this will use your hard drive a lot less, and allow you more creative freedom with things like filters.

You can get a nice free sampler off the front of Computer Music each and every month, or probably something quick and easy of KVR-VST.

What programmes are you using for sequencing?

sun rise

Junior Members
Reaction score
I have using old battery version and logic audio. :Smile3:

Ok thats good thanks, i just was thinking audio in arrange page was the better way to go in the end ..
No battery plugin = no cpu?

when mixing down you want to be with 32 channels of audio, not 32 channels of vst's?

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
i could only recommend using a sampler for your percussion... just seems the best way really. battery (and u shud get version 2) shouldnt kane ur cpu that badly...
i dont understand what you mean about 32 channels though...

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
Yes, using a VST plugin will use your CPU more then an audio track, but if you are running into a problems with no CPU left, then bounce down other synth parts to audio. Keep the kick, percussion and bass in VST mode for as long as possible, because this makes it much easier to alter song structure.

There shouldn't be any difference between an audio out and a VST out in terms of quality. It isn't better to have or worse to have one or the other in the final mix as far as I'm aware, although you may find that you run into CPU issues if everything is VST. Creatively, it can also be advantageous to 'commit' to an idea. Keeping everything in midi/VST land can be a very good way of avoiding making decisions.

IMO

sun rise

Junior Members
Reaction score
Hi

Oh this tech talk argh :irofl: :icry:

When my song is almost complete, and making final eq etc adjusmets to each track,

its best for each track to be bounced as audio file?

I mean there is no plugis on at all, everything hhas been rendered in a audio file

32 was an example ... u have 32 , 7 minute audio files in the arrange window

thats not any more clear?