Audio record...timing issuses

wakadooo

Spiral time traveller
Reaction score
Hiya all,
i was wonderin if anyone could help me at all,

im having a problem with timing issues when i record audio into wavelab, basically, what i record in doesn't sync up with exported wavs, the BPM is the same, only the audio i record seems to drift slightly as the track progresses, this invariably causes timing issues with the other exported audio(from reason)

ive looked in the Audio card preferences in Wavelab and there are some buffer parameters (Buffer number and buffer size) does anyone know if by adjusting these, i should be able to sort out these timing issuses?

at present they are set to..... buffer number 6
buffer size 16384

thanx for any feedback :O)

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
If the source of the recorded audio is different from the source of the exported WAVs, be aware that different pieces of hardware can often have a different idea of what '140 bpm' sounds like unless they are synced together with eg. MTC, SPP or SMPTE.

If you're trying to make music using Wavelab as a multitrack DAW, I'd strongly recommend switching to something like Cubase or Logic as the WL Montage is no substitute for a proper multitrack recording environment.

wakadooo

Spiral time traveller
Reaction score
Cheers Col ,

I am actually using cubase for my final mixdown , but im recording my audio to wavelab cos, im in the habit of using wavelab to record and edit, I'll try recording straight into cubase.
(hadnt actually considered this as an option). :O)

wakadooo

Spiral time traveller
Reaction score
Alreety Colin

thanks for the advice, i think that things are sorted now.
good ol MMC and midi clock send (from cubase) to midi clock in and and receive MMC on (in MPC)
the Audio(from MPC) is sounding locked in with the exported reason Wavs
Happy days!!

Many Thanks and be mad lucky