Australia to the UK

strANGIE Oct 9, 2014

1. strANGIE

strANGIE Forum Newbie

Threads:
    Hi all,

I'm heading to the UK in July/August/September 2015... I want to know if someone can point me in the direction of some of some psy trance festivals.... I don't mind travelling into Europe to do so.

My only plan at the moment is BoomTown Fair in August. From what others have experienced and what I have read and seen online it looks pretty unique and something I must do while over there.
    Thoughts on BoomTown... is a good festival or just a lot of drunken idiots?

I was going to tie it in with Summer Never Ends Festival in Switzerland at the end of July and then travel up the UK in time for BoomTown.
    What's the Summer Never Ends Festival like?

Any travel ideas welcome!
    Angie

2. SnϕwDrδp

SnϕwDrδp Forum Member

Threads:
    Greetings Angie :Smile3:

I've never been to Boomtown but I do know it's not a 'psytrance festival' as such, it's multi-genre and definitely not only psychedelic genres. Which is why I've never been tbh.

As for psy festivals scheduled for 2015 from July onwards, I highly recommend Magikana (not least because I'm playing :p). You'll miss Triplicity's May event but they might well organise another one for the end of the summer. Keep an eye on their page for info. Also keep an eye on 5D Collective's page as they'll hopefully be organising something and this year's party was the best of the year imo. Also Sunrise, Sundance Collective, and Tribe of Frog Summer Gatherings. If you're still in the UK at the end of September you could come to Tribe of Frog's 15th birthday party in Bristol (in a club environment). If you are staying anywhere near London there will be various outdoor parties popping up throughout the summer. Indeed, more will pop up nationwide closer to the time - you'll be spoilt for choice.

3. strANGIE

strANGIE Forum Newbie

Threads:
    Thank you SnowDrop :Grin:

I was aware that BoomTown was multi-genre but I must admit the reason I wish to go to BoomTown is the Mayfair (Electro-swing) stage and Slamboree.
    I'm pretty sure I saw Tribe of Frog on the 2014 flyer too.

I will defintly look into Magikana and hopefully get to see your set :p

Instead of studying tonight I have come up with a road map of music festivals I would love to see one after the next across the UK and Europe. 5 weeks of festivals... can it be done!!?

Week 1) Tomorrowland - Belgium - 24th July
    Week 2) Summer Never Ends - Switzerland - 29th July
    Week 3) Ozora - Hungary - 3rd August
    Week 4) BoomTown Fair - UK or Lost Theory - Croatia - 12th August
    Week 5) Psy-Fi - Netherlands - 25th August

:Smile3: See you next year I HOPE!!!! :Heart:

4. SnϕwDrδp

SnϕwDrδp Forum Member

Threads:
    Geez, I'd be totally knackered after all that... I'm sure you'll have lots of fun :Smile3:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice