AustrAliens

PsiNet

Junior Members
Reaction score
Hey all. I figured this forum needed a little Aussie Stylin. I am a 28 year old male psytrance patient of about 10 years. Living here in Melbourne with my beautiful girlfriend of 4 years. Look forward to many incoherent ramblings!

:bananada: <- me at Earthcore Nov 27th 2004 to Simon Posford on Sunday morning (actually I looked a lot worse than this by then).

welcome to the fold mate :bananada:
much love and light going your way in a sad time

Hello fellow melbourner.... do we know each other?? Maybe??? hehehe! Are you in the UK? or are you coming to the UK? Good to hear you danced like a banana at earthcore! Sounds like it was a good one!!!!!

Love & hugs RAE -xx- :P

I dont think we do know each other MoonRae. I am on this forum just because I cant get enough of psytrance people. :shrooms:

I am trying make myself comfortable, but I find the attitude of about 5% of the people in here really keeps me on my toes. What is up with these guys? I mean I've heard of ethug, but now we have psythugs?

Welcome to the forum :Smile3:

Try not to let other peoples opinions get to you too much, we've a long tradition of whinging about stuff we don't like here, trying to stop people airing their grievances and opinions will just wind them up and make you look like an ethug. :Wink3:

Enjoy your stay, have a chillum on us.

smoker_nepalese.jpg

Hiya PsiNet! :Grin: and welcome to Psy Forum. :welcome: I'm Pete, a British psy-trancer about to have a holiday in Australia, arriving Sydney Monday morning, 27 December (flights cheaper if you leave on Xmas Day), and departing on 24 January.

It will be my sixth visit to Oz in general and Sydney in particular, 'cos it's there my friends are based. Although Australian, my friends have never yet found their way into the bush party scene - and, although better than nothing, I really am a bit disillusioned with the commercial scene in Sydney (last visit was almost two years ago).

In the UK, I'm friendly with an Aussie called Rae - she's on here as 'MoonRae', and has posted above. She has told me about the wonderful scene and community particularly in Melbourne, but also in Sydney and surrounds.

Please, can you give me advice about what parties to go to, where to stay (Sydney already taken care of!) etc. Am particularly looking for psy-trance bush parties drivable to from the Sydney area for New Year's Eve and for ditto anywhere from Melbourne to Byron Bay during the rest of January up to departure day.

In England, I go to as many outdoor psy-trance all-nighters as possible during our all-too-short apology for Summer; the rest of the time to club or squat parties indoors. Here, there's always the risk that the outdoor parties (and squat parties) will get stopped by the police, but many do take place successfully. So they are pretty secret - it took me three years to break into the circle, so perhaps it's not so strange that my Aussie friends have failed so far in NSW! Once in, no probs....

:Smile3: Pete x

PS: Have put myself on both oztrance and australiens to see what's on. So far, have posted only on oztrance. What's the score with these two boards: do they compete or complement one another?

The really annoying thing I have noticed about the internet scene is that it is really competetive, no two forums actually get along well because the people posting are always bagging someone/thing out and it inevitably gets around. I would go so far as to say that the new and evolving psyscene is rarely free anough to hang out in forums posting. However, if you want advice, head to Byron Bay and also Nimbin (about 2.5hrs from Byron, pot capital of Australia, small intimate parties). Melbourne has a wicked scene that I am up to my eyeballs in, but its a long way from Sydney. Email me and I'll show you around Melbourne

Cheers Adam

OGPete you should check out www.australiens.net - its a psyforum equivalent with mostly sydney-siders posting on there. It has listings of parties going on the NSW area. They be able to point you in the right direction!

Goos Luck! :Smile3:

Oh and welcome to PsiNet :welcome:

ah man, earthcore! So wish I was at that! I was in Oz this time last year, am gutted I didn't find this sooner as I could of got some info about their doofs. I found this website when I was there : www.spraci.net it's got party listings all over the world for loads of different styles of music. I went to party in a dissused warehouse in the Sydney suburbs that I found on that site, was my best night in Sydney!

PsiNet said:
....Email me and I'll show you around Melbourne

Cheers Adam
I can't email you, mate, 'cos your profile gives no email address. But PM on its way...

:welcome:

Back