B3 Hammond psy-trance???

mirageman

Retroholic
Reaction score
Ok, there's plenty of guitar psy-trance knocking about these days, but I've yet to hear an artist incorporate the highly psychedelic sound of the B3 Hammond in a track to date, unless you can prove me wrong!

I think this incredibly groovy instrument could work very well in psy. I know the original instruments are a) hard to come by, b)expensive c)notoriously unreliable, given their age these days and d)incredibly big and heavy, but with the wonders of modern technology there are various emulators and sound modules out there which can replicate the sound. So come on artists, how about it!

O

Ott^

I know its not trance, but there is a Hammond on almost all of my tunes.

Bloody love em.

From Georgie Fame and James Taylor through to Booker T Washington and Ansell Collins - via Steve Winwood, Keith Emerson and Rick Wright.

Even Klaus Wunderlicht has had his moments...

Probably my favourite instrument of all time.

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Let us not forget Brian Auger :Wink3:

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Not strictly psy trance - well not psy trance at all - but its close neighbour - acid trance - there's the classic Real Good by the Zen Terrorists with some rocking hammond & guitars. Thats about the closest I can think of

BTW one of the best tunes I've ever heard "under the influence" is Melting Pot by Booker T - top hammond lines

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
Ott^ said:
I know its not trance, but there is a Hammond on almost all of my tunes.

Bloody love em.

From Georgie Fame and James Taylor through to Booker T Washington and Ansell Collins - via Steve Winwood, Keith Emerson and Rick Wright.

Even Klaus Wunderlicht has had his moments...

Probably my favourite instrument of all time.

I'm having another one of those Eric Idle moments :Smile3:

mirageman

Retroholic
Reaction score
Very nice, Colin! The hammond line is quite buried though. I'd like to see it take centre-stage in a track.