Back-drop maintenance

Zero-G

Zero-G
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to keep back-drops so that they last a long time ?

like rolling them instead of folding, keeping them dry etc ?

Also does anyone know how to iron or straighten them with minimal damage ?
Coz I took mine to the misztified mindz party on sat and they need some ironing coz when I took them home I just chucked them in the boot of the car with a wole load of other stuff....

Umm painted, not sure what kinda paints or what kinda canvas, i bought them from camden and they don't seem like they can take much water at all without smudging and the paint feels kinda dry and chalky.....sometimes coloured powder comes off on to my fingers when handling them......i know they're crap quality, but they look nice and i want them to last

I ironed the BBD drapes and they took it fine. I wouldnt recomment washing them tho! I doubt theyve got waterfast paint or finishing stuff on them. Just iron them and fold them neatly....altho rolling them sounds like a good idea :Smile3:

If the paint is flaking badly then I recommend that you keep them on a roll.

Applying a thin coating of watered down PVA glue to the worst areas will help seal the flaking paint on to the cloth.

Haven't ever ironed a backdrop but I would have thought that putting newspaper between the iron and the backdrop would help protect it from any wear caused by the rubbing of the iron.

Back