Back for more...

Missing-Link

looking forward
Reaction score
Back for more... (it should work now)

hi all i have just finished a new track...

you have all been very helpful in thae past with your feed back....

hope you enjoy

manny

http://www.last.fm/music/Missing-Link/Transetory

let me know what you think

ichabod

Reaction score
Do you have to sign up for this website? A roight pain in the ass! any chance of using something like yousendit.com ?

Missing-Link

looking forward
Reaction score
oh i did notrealise that ... i thought you might have to download their player or use win amp....

but ill look into u send it... whaen i get home tonight....

sorry about that dude

:Smile3:

ichabod

Reaction score
Thanks! Just had a listen through (on headphones at work though) - sounding really wicked :Smile3:

A good pace and stucture - and some nice synth lines. Also particularly like the intro sound fx and the break around 3:10.

The only thing I would change is the kick - Only having heard it on headphones I can't tell for sure but it sounds a bit squashed and weak - more like a sampled live drum kit kick than a clean and meaty psytrance kick. I'll have to a have a listen on monitors at home to give a true opinion though!

Overall - really pro sounding track though.. nice work!

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
sampling kicks shouldnt be a problem... i'm havin a listen now on shitty earphones... so this is all listening and typing. reckon u could use some reverb on those intro pads for sure give it a nice atmosphere... what did u use for your bass? kick dont sound too bad... theres a line at 2:26, would be cooler if you played with it more i reckon, more filters n fx...
still listening... its all there, you got good sounds, just think it needs smoothing out a little bit. at 3:46 it sounds like too many clashing sounds. u got a nice effect on the cymbals, maybe use it less. when you have a really nice sound, try using it just once or twice, and not overdoing it....
that sound at 5:04 is harsh and unnecessary. and the 16th line going at this point is a bit vibeless, maybe make it a little more interesting? some of these lower atmospheres are nice, quite dark, i reckon give em more reverb for atmosphere.
thats what i was thinkin while listening anyway...

Missing-Link

looking forward
Reaction score
if you rfere to the high pitch sound its not ment to be there ???? dont know what happend in the bounce

es1 for bass

and yea thinking of it i have not put any reverb fx on it really....

cheers for that dude .. i was thinking of playing with my flange on some of the smaller leads ... but will see what that sounds like.... ill give it another going over .....

you mention clashing sounds ... you mean to much going on or should i use more eq to separate them?

Missing-Link

looking forward
Reaction score
actually dude the bass is the albino i had a look... and trieng to had atmosphere to the pads with reverb... any one have any suggestions in different ways of puting some good atmoshpere in tracks...

it would be very help full and apriciated ya all ....

Manny

ichabod

Reaction score
On the subject of atmospheres; Fromem-ory - I always love the pads, atmospheres, build effects, crashes etc. in your tunes - epic but airy at the same time. How do you create/process these?

Sturdy Pete

Sturdy Member
Reaction score
kick sounding good here! not the same sound as every other psy tune, but i'm all up for a change once in while!

does sound like a bit mcuh is going on at points, but i like that sort of complexity. maybe a few hours of careful EQ tweaking and leveling would make it seem less jumbled?

overall, sounding good! few bits to tidy up and your there!