Bamboo New Album

discostu

Reaction score
Ok, we have all been waiting for around 9 months for this release and it finally cropped up on psy-shop!

Because Bamboo are know for thier unique style of phat rumbling bass lines, crunchy effects and twisted rythms and the fact that this album has been promised for so long, makes it very tempting to blindly purchase - which I did!

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Step away from the mouse and do not click 'purchase'!

It is awefull. More than awefull, it runs the risk of destroying everything you once liked about the French duo - who now consist of one person not two and clearly the originality left along with him.

Its not even the irritating and contrived vocals that pervade the whole album which will really piss you off, its the fact that the music has had a lobotomy! All the tweaks and unpredictable twisting synths have been removed - a standard bass line has been slapped on and a generic indian vocal over used.

I also bought Human blue chill out album and I'm hoping that it will reaffirm my faith.

ZINI

Reaction score
Got it today. Terrible stuff altogether.
I really liked their earlier style.
Really quite pissed off actually:imad:

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
uhh ohhh I ordered it before reading this, Probably get it delivered tomorrow....

I thought there set @ Sonica was one of the better sets! quite funky but still driving.... hope I'm not as disapointed as you discostu!! :Wink3: After all that waiting for it to surface as welll....

Reaction score
stu and i were there too and we didnt like it at the time - so if you did you better get it, or stu can give you his
bampoo :lol:
oo the dark rolling set i once heard them do
synthesis anyone? *baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!*

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
this could be a case of old bamboo fans not liking the softer approach maybe....shall see when my copy arrives.....if Chaos has remembered my pre order from a year ago??????

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
hmmmm been listening to this, and I would have to say something is missing! (i.e. the guy that left)

The funk is still there at times, but not to the level it was at!!
Some tracks stay on course and do a really good job, but some get pulled into using a kinda rising synth sound,
which sounds more like Shanti's recent tracks, than the deeper psychedelic tweaky and rolling action they were on before!

It uses vocal sample hooks on most tracks, some which work really well, and some get too repetitive and predictable.
Making the track a little 2 Dimensional! You can see it was a formula he used for ideas... (again missing guy)

Don't get me wrong, It has some great fun and very playable moments, and there are far worse CDs around...
I'm sure I will settle on some Fav's and weed out the worst entries.... but it is not the epic it could\should have been.

Dragilex

Dragonlord
Reaction score
Have to say just listened to this and was also disappointed. The fact that the sample on the first track is from "Eiffel 65 - Blue" which was in the charts wasn't a good start.

The tracks just pump along doing the same thing all the way through. Nope, not impressed.

sparx

Psystream.net/BeartrapUK
Reaction score
i dunno
it aint that bad
sure maybe not like their old album
but still a good album none the less

Bamboo was awesome at Sonica and i especially like "ipanema"

Dragongurl

zooming blue
Reaction score
OK, why am I the only one that has not a bad thing to say about this album?? I quite enjoyed it and would love to hear this on any dancefloor.

Then again, I am a girl.....maybe that makes the difference.