1. Iso Fest 4 is LIVE now. Come join us in the shoutbox.

Click here.

Dismiss Notice

:bananadance: biodiesel :bananadance:

Z Horse Sep 25, 2004

1. Z Horse

Z Horse Member

Threads:
  2. Stuoolong

Stuoolong Professionally fluffy

Threads:
    I know someone who makes biodiesel to sell, he's on a farm somewhere in North Wales.
    There's arguments for and against. You still get emissions of toxic by-products but it's recycled fuel. I am very much in favour of biodiesel but only on a small scale. If it becomes popular enough that people start growing crops just to produce the vegetable oil, it will become unsustainable.
    Of course, you can only use it in a diesel engine, and then you need to convert the engine a little I think, but the best kids drive diesels anyway cos it's generally better fuel economy.
    What I want to know is, can you convert sound system generators to run on biodiesel?

3. Z Horse

Z Horse Member

Threads:
    yeah i think so.it seems you can use it in any diesel engine.some needing converting in some minor way or another.
    i think there are also different kinds of bio fuels ie;running on pure vege oil or mixtures.not totally sure about all this yet but i recieved a book on it the other day and am booking myself on the coarse mentioned above.when i have learned more i will be sure to share.
    i am not sure that you are right about the farming side of it becoming non sustainable.from what i have heard it offers to revive the much battered farming economy if only a little and there are probably uses for any bi products of the plants used.
    also have read that the emmissions are far less than that of conventional diesel.100%in cases of carbon dioxide and other carcinogenics.
    seems a good way forward even if it just makes up a proportion of fuel use.every little helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice