bass..

Missing-Link

looking forward
Hi all, I have been reading on the best synths to use for bass that every body posted about the web…
But there was something I do not understand..
You discussed about changing sound and sych with osc and how you sample the synths and layer them to over come this…(if i recal corectly Mr ood discused this,

I was wondering if someone could expand on this…I am still struggling to understand…

some tips on the process or how i should go about it ???

Hope you can help

Manny

Getafix

Bass Freak
If you're just starting out its best to avoid layering and stick to one synth or sampling for your bass..Layering is a little complicated and it could give you a headache if you don't know what you are doing..

Good synths for bass are: VB1, Tau Pro, Tritium, Audiorealism Bassline, Hydra..But you can make bass from any VSTi if you know how to..

Missing-Link

looking forward
S Cube said:
If you're just starting out its best to avoid layering and stick to one synth or sampling for your bass..Layering is a little complicated and it could give you a headache if you don't know what you are doing..

Good synths for bass are: VB1, Tau Pro, Tritium, Audiorealism Bassline, Hydra..But you can make bass from any VSTi if you know how to..

i must learn lol :Smile3:

i think i can get my brain around it...

do you have any basic tips to gt me on my way ....

be much apriciated :Smile3:

Getafix

Bass Freak
To be honest i never tried layering since i was always happy with the sound i got out of one synth..I would imagine it involves using two (maybe even three) synths one for the lows and the others for the mids & highs..I guess you might have one synth playing low notes which give the subs and the other playing an octave higher giving the mids & highs..You might have to low/high pass each synth accordingly so they do not interfere with each other..

This is only a guess of how to go about it plz feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!