battery 2 question

I guess what you are looking for is "one shot" ... dunno about Battery but in ex24 for example this can be found in the sample edit screen. Turn it off.

battery 2 answer

If you leave it without env the sample will play all the way, as colin said if you wanna just play a bit just turn on the env and control it, if you press the yellow button on the side (battery2) you open the sustain and release, in the earlier version1 you have both the sustain and release buttons there....

Also play with the pitch control, i managed to sustain more sounds that way.

Battery 2 is great i could stay here just talking about the wonders that machine does.....

mmm, still can't find it

Im fed up of battery playing the whole sample, just want it to trigger the part of the sample from the midi info, (i.e the lengh of the midi note) but don't want to fiddle around with the amp envelope in battery 2.

can't really work out if im not seeing it or it doesn' have it. would be bloody annoying if it doesn't, i could go back to my akai s3000 xl and do it there!

it as that feature i assume since the first version as it too
following Colins and Castrodp tips, turn the amp evelope on and be shure to set the release parameter to zero

I had the same experience - only use battery for drumkit sounding drums now, and use Kontakt to play drums that have to be midi-tight.
I know this doesn't help, but it's sympathy innit!

theyellowbrickroad said:
mmm, still can't find it

Im fed up of battery playing the whole sample, just want it to trigger the part of the sample from the midi info, (i.e the lengh of the midi note) but don't want to fiddle around with the amp envelope in battery 2.

So you want to make it do something - but you don't want to actually make it do it?

Come on now, take the plunge - press a button you've never pressed before. It's not difficult - it's just an envelope. One mode has a sustain level and will therefore act like a normal ADSR envelope, starting and stopping when you press and release the key, and one mode doesn't and will play as much of the sample as will fit in the envelope parameters you set.

Don't be a wuss - learn how to use your tools!

While we're on the subject, does anyone know if Battery or Kontakt have automatable loop points? If not, is there a sampler which does?

I have seen people putting loops in the map of battery, dont now how to explain, i lost my instructions!!!!!

Colin thankx...... sorted...

cheers muchly!

have now found that i did completly skip it in the manual even after afew reads.

p.s sorry colin for asking a question in a music tech forum.

pete

Back