Behringer BCA2000

onestone

Reaction score
Anybody out there have one of these pig soundcards and have you managed to get it to work properly?

It don't effing work!!

Example - using Wavelab - hit play and it goes for about a second and then stops and gives an error 80000080. Have done a search for that error but no results.

Using Win XP.

Set the Behringer to use USB1 and still no go.

It looks like we're going to have to wipe the c drive and reinstall. The thing is that we did get it running once but that was installing the sound card drivers straight after XP. This time we installed the software before the sound card and it appears it don't like that.

So here's another day of formatting and reinstalling.

For anyone thinking about a sound card, stay away from this one.

Remember that to use USB2.0, you need to have XP Service Pack 1 installed, as well as your motherboard drivers. As a rule, USB devices need to be plugged in before you install the drivers. You don't need to reformat the computer to reinstall the hardware, just uninstall the hardware drivers from Windows, using Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Mangler.

As far as I know this is Behringer's first foray into sound cards, so teething problems are to be expected, I guess... :/

J.

I wrote a whole long reply and when I clicked "submit" it came back with you cannot post - they must have shut the forum while I was typing - aaargghhhhh! Anyway, here goes again.

JPsychodelicacy said:
Remember that to use USB2.0, you need to have XP Service Pack 1 installed, as well as your motherboard drivers. As a rule, USB devices need to be plugged in before you install the drivers. You don't need to reformat the computer to reinstall the hardware, just uninstall the hardware drivers from Windows, using Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Mangler.

As far as I know this is Behringer's first foray into sound cards, so teething problems are to be expected, I guess... :/

J.

We've installed SP2 because one of the versions of the driver said that it was needed but still no go. We changed the options on the driver's control panel to USB 1 - still no go.

The other drivers were unistalled using device manager and all Behringer files deleted off the computer in case they were being accessed during the install.

The instructions say install the driver then turn the soundcard on.

The point is that when XP was installed followed by the Behringer driver and then the software, the card worked.

This last time, the driver was installed after the software. This being the only difference, it makes me think that that is where the problem lies. Is it possible that there is a common system file that gets messed up if the installation sequence is incorrect? And yes you are right about this being their first soundcard.

Back