BEHRINGER

doivey

Forum Member
Reaction score
As i am still in the process of looking to buy a new mixer, i can't help but keep noticing Behringer as a company, many of their mixers look and seem to have similar features to some of the pioneer mixers, but for a lot less of the price.

Can anyone in the know give me any information on them, surely they cannot be of as good build and sound quality, or am i hugely mistaken :blink:

:Smile3: :Smile3: :Smile3:

The cheap ones are pants, the good one is the DX1000

DX1000_medium2.jpg

info @ http://www.behringer.com/02_products/prodi...dx1000&lang=eng

Can be found for around £160...bargain, if you ask me (we have used one for over a year, now, in some harsh environments...)

are you talking studio or dj ?

behringer generally are cheap and nasty. i'd definitely avoid them for studio use... for djing they might be ok.

Yeah just for DJ use.

Well yeah they are cheap, thats why they are tempting.
Have you ever used any of their products?

I have their notepad mixer - MX602A or something.

Its really noisy, one of the gain pots is fucked unless you tape it down, did I mention the whole thing is VERY noisy, and it uses a crappy non-standard powersupply which costs almost as much to replace it as buying a whole new mixer.

this is why i hate them :Smile3:

and why i decided if i was going to replace the whole mixer anyway i'd replace it with a spirit one :Wink3:

to be fair we've also got a behringer headphone amp and that seems like a nice value piece of kit.

Hrm - was talking to Plank the other day, and he said that their most recent kit's actually pretty good.

He could explain it better, I reckon...

You about, dude?

J

I suspect he may have been talking about their latest clones of the Pioneer DJM series....

DJX700

and

DJX400

I await reports with baited breath....I recon a lot of sales to bedroom DJs but don't recon they'll cut it in the real world

We've got a DJX1000... pretty good as a DJ mixer, although the bass kill is pants, and what's with the boost button? Pointless, but a 2p piece can be nicely taped over it. We've used it indoors and out and it's done us proud so far... the design is basic but functional, and I have to say that although it sometimes feels a little flimsy it's been solid so far. We've used it as our live PA mixer too on occasion and whilst it's not ideal (we needed a lot of jack-to-phono converters!) it did the job.

I had a Behringer xover & graph on my home rig; a bit crappy but cheap. Have since replaced with a lush digital speaker controller from Void Acoustics

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPsychodelicacy @ Nov 26 2003, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hrm - was talking to Plank the other day, and he said that their most recent kit's actually pretty good.
[/quote:8ed36a8e42]
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NORTY303 @ 26 2003, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I suspect he may have been talking about their latest clones of the Pioneer DJM series.... [/quote:8ed36a8e42]

Not at all, I've not even heard of these ones. The only DJ mixer I've ever used from them is the DX1000.

I was refering to the likes of the DDX3216 digital mixer, and the current crop of 24bit/96KHz digital processors, DEQ2496, DCX2496 etc

Behringer have had some lousy quality control, most of the gear has been made in China for years in what ever factory had room on the production lines.
This left them with big problems keeping tabs on quality control and reliability.

These days its still built in China but they have there own factory and all production and QC are in house.

I'm not saying that Behringer are the best around, but these days are at least comparable to a lot of stuff costing twice the price.

Hope that helps.
Steve

Well yes, thankyou very much everyone :Wink3:

Norty was right in a sense and the main products i was talking about was the pioneer clones, the djm 600 clone you can pick up for about £150.00 so that is why it ios so tempting. I would still be interested for any one who actually owns either a DJX700 or a DJX400, to give any comments.

Thanks again.

Dave
x :juggle:

Back